Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RoastingPig

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
SoCal
i can't wait for the Haswell Mac Mini with GT3 Integrated Graphics so i can play almost every game on some level

mrdreamie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2013
i can't wait for the Haswell Mac Mini with GT3 Integrated Graphics so i can play almost every game on some level

But I think u need to wait until June for the new Intel chip and probably Apple will release the Mac Mini 2013 in October.:)

wahoo1

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2011
I've run into a problem with my 2012 mini (i7, 2.6GHz,16GB). I have a rc simulator named aerofly 5 (a native mac program). It runs fine on my iMac but on the mini it loads, but has a fps of 1 or 2. The mini exceeds all min requirements except for the graphics chipset. It requires OpenGL 2.1, and nvidia 9400 or ati radeon 2400. I've tried lowering the sims detail and such, but it has no effect whatsoever. I don't guess there is a way to add a different graphics chipset is there?

ee13lbp

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2012
I've run into a problem with my 2012 mini (i7, 2.6GHz,16GB). I have a rc simulator named aerofly 5 (a native mac program). It runs fine on my iMac but on the mini it loads, but has a fps of 1 or 2. The mini exceeds all min requirements except for the graphics chipset. It requires OpenGL 2.1, and nvidia 9400 or ati radeon 2400. I've tried lowering the sims detail and such, but it has no effect whatsoever. I don't guess there is a way to add a different graphics chipset is there?

You can get an external thunderbolt bay where you can insert a desktop gpu. There are some topics related to this over in the gaming section of the fourm, some people have already done it with the same mini as you.

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
@wahoo: just ask the authors to fix it. The HD4000 should be about 3-4 times as fast as a 9400M.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.