Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

munches2008

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
I'm really getting angry with my ipod. I've been trying to download songs, and now all of sudden it won't let me. My Ipod is a Gen 4 with 16GB. It's only 2 and half weeks old, so there is hardly anything on it. My lapytop is a Windows 7th Compaq. Everything is up to date on both devices. I try transferring my songs from the desktop to Itunes to my ipod and it doesn't work anymore. I've tried looking the problem up and I have found no solutions. I just need to know why before I throw it across the room. It was working fine before and now all of sudden it doesn't work.:mad:

TresMusical1020

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2013
Did you have a good internet connection when you tried to do what you said you have tried to do? Because mine never works unless I have an EXTREMELY STRONG internet connection, which is usually.

RadDave

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2013
North Carolina
Not completely clear on 'how' you are trying to get your music onto the iPod, i.e. from your iTunes library or another location? I usually open iTunes and import the music into my library, then w/ the iPod wired to my computer, drag & drop the songs/albums onto the device's icon in the left panel of iTunes.

So further clarification may be useful; also, if not already done, please follow the steps below which often corrects misbehaving iOS apps/devices. Good luck! :)

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up); press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.