Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

costabunny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
So this one is a little odd and most annoying.

The touch to click is off as is touch/tap drag.

When moving my pointer around on the track pad it will sometimes 'grab' and activate dragging and/or activate controls.

for example when moving the mouse between browser tabs it sometimes drags tabs around or even closes tabs.

I have repeated it in Windows. I cannot repeat on another Air or a MBP.

Just asking if anyone else has experienced this at all. I have exhausted all options I think, including trying a re-install.

I have applecare but wanted to see if there is any other options first.

Last edited:

costabunny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
Well I have spoken with the wonderful Applecare bods and they think its definitely a hardware issue.

I am off to the Genius Bar tomorrow (my first visit to an Apple store yippee). Hopefully they can fix/replace the part.

either way even if I have to be without my macbook for a while at least it will be fixed.

:)

Clocks

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2013
Well I have spoken with the wonderful Applecare bods and they think its definitely a hardware issue.

I am off to the Genius Bar tomorrow (my first visit to an Apple store yippee). Hopefully they can fix/replace the part.

either way even if I have to be without my macbook for a while at least it will be fixed.

:)

I'm experiencing some trackpad issues myself. How were they with fixing/replacing it?

costabunny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
Just back from the Apple Store in Cardiff. Wow what a wonderful experience.

The Genius watched my demo of the trackpad (simply showed him how a slight extra pressure caused it to behave as if it were clicked).

They booked it in for a replacement trackpad. Lucky me; they had no others in front of me so we went for a wander around other shops and in less than two hours collected my all-fixed air.

Well tested and now the trackpad only acts like clicked, when actually clicked!

Best service EVER. :)

And I got an Apple Store Carrier bag as a momento of my first ever visit to an actual bricks'n'motar store.

It would have cost £57 if I didn't have the Apple Care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.