Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Your summary there seems constructed to suit your stance on this issue, rather than you know, being true. Because here is what the man in the the very first link says:

In other words. The EXACT same thing that happened to me. So dont come and tell me this does not happen. I have proved that this DOES happen.

But then you are concluding by saying this was a remote wipe. And I would like to ask you for evidence of this? I certainly have not provided anything. There is nothing indicating any remote usage here. The phone wiped itself - thats what happened.

Um... Did you read the fourth post in that thread? It's an Exchange remote wipe. The text is below. I didn't say it didn't happen, I said it was uncommon with a common cause. At this point all I can say is backup, backup, backup.

From your linked thread:
Ok the mystery has been solved. So my phone syncs with my company's corporate Exchange server. Our admin was on there this morning messing with something, and accidentally initiated a remote wipe. Apparantly you can do that from an Exchange server, don't need MobileMe or anything.

g0odfr1end102

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Montreal, Canada
You should probably change your password. I never used the four digits password, I have the complex one. Just in case: Settings>Passcode Lock>Turn "simple passcode" OFF>set a new complex password. I'd recommend using a capital letter, and at least 2 digits. Hope this helped! :)

S

syd430

OP, based on your replies, I recommend using a more secure password in the future.

Here is a good source for very secure passwords:

http://digitaljournal.com/article/335497

Any of the top 10 will do but I recommend either #1 or #2 for maximum security. 'Password' is a particularly strong one on the list because of its use of both vowels AND consonants.

S t 0 n e r

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2013
I just woke up and my phone was frozen. Iphone 5, i restarted it then half my data go wiped any ideas??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.