Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
My kid likes to watch my old touch at bed time, usually either the standard video app or Netflix. Is there an app or setting that will shut the iPod off after a fixed amount of time? Even better if it stays shut down - but I suspect that the passcode is the answer to that.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
There's no apps that can shutdown the device because that would be out of the terms and conditions that developers must follow sadly. You can set autolock so when somebody isn't using it for a set period of time it will lock and if you have a password you can set what time the password will enable.

burgundyyears

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
My kid likes to watch my old touch at bed time, usually either the standard video app or Netflix. Is there an app or setting that will shut the iPod off after a fixed amount of time? Even better if it stays shut down - but I suspect that the passcode is the answer to that.

Some wireless routers can be configured to disable access at certain times of the day. Might be your best bet to shut down anything requiring net access. I don't think anything on the touch itself is going to be able to do it.

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline
1. Open "Clock" app.
2. Click "Timer" and set timer countdown.
3. "When Timer Ends" select "Stop Playing"

So, when the kiddies start watching TV, select the show or whatever then start the Timer and then click the Sleep/Wake button.

When the Timer expires, they'll need the Passcode Lock code to access additional vid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.