Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

predation

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
so we know that Tmobile will offer the iphone officially.
i know that if i put in my sim card into a "tmobile iphone"
i'll get the data upsell message because the imei# will be in their system.

but what about unlocked phones "pre-tmobile" iphone....

you guys think i'll get the upsell message???

asking because all phones will get an update soon for LTE on their pre-tmobile-iphones....

any one with some knowledge ????

definitely want to keep using tzones.

beeinformed

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
As long as you buy an unlocked iPhone at an Apple Store, you should be able to use the T-Zones data plan with it.

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
if you have been on contract for 18 months without upgrade you can get 4G 5gb then throttled after for $5 a month...

just got this a few days ago

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
I've been running T-Zones on my iPhone since I had a 3G and have never gotten the upsell message. Now, here in Dallas I also get 4G coverage 90% of the time as well, and it's blazing fast! :)

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Some people still have tzones 2.99 unlimited data.

It's crazy how long people have hung on to these data plans. And it's amazing that tmobile still puts up with this.

ATT basically got rid of all the media works data packages a very long time ago.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
As long as you buy an unlocked iPhone at an Apple Store, you should be able to use the T-Zones data plan with it.

The unlocked iPhone will be the exact same model (A1428) Tmobile is selling so they can definitely detect it.

predation

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
The unlocked iPhone will be the exact same model (A1428) Tmobile is selling so they can definitely detect it.

thats what i was thinking...

looks like dark dayz for tmobile iphone users on tzones lol

i think tmobile wasn't sending upsell messages to current iphone users because they don't sell it.

the only way i see tzones POSSIBLY Being kept is purchasing an unlocked iphone RIGHT NOW before the former A1428's run outta stock.

but that is IF apple doesn't release all the GSM imei numbers to tmobile past/current....

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Tmobile allows you to keep those old features like tzones as long as you don't upgrade to a new device through them. If you buy your devices outright or used from eBay or something you can keep the old features.

They do know what phone your using though. It shows in their systems even if you have an iPhone. It will show the exact model too. iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, etc.

beeinformed

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
As long as you don't buy a T-Mobile branded device, you should be able to use the T-Zones data plan

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Some people still have tzones 2.99 unlimited data.

It's crazy how long people have hung on to these data plans. And it's amazing that tmobile still puts up with this.

ATT basically got rid of all the media works data packages a very long time ago.

That's because T-Mobile isn't a huge d-bag like AT&T. They actually care about customer service. They know forcing people off those plans will make them mad and I'm willing to bet the number of people still on the tzones plans are a very small minority anyway.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
That's because T-Mobile isn't a huge d-bag like AT&T. They actually care about customer service. They know forcing people off those plans will make them mad and I'm willing to bet the number of people still on the tzones plans are a very small minority anyway.
Well could be worst.

Verizon forces people off unlimited data with subsidized upgrade. Cause verizon knew they screwed themselves with FCC agreement to not throttle LTE devices. So they knew only way to cirmcumvent FCC agreement was to force people off unlimited with "new agreement" contract.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.