Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:38 AM   #1
UncleheFTy
macrumors member

.Me vs iCloud conflict

I'm not sure how to categorise this problem, but yesterday my primary @me.com mail account stopped receiving and when I went to the iCloud werb page it showed that my @me.com had been replaced by a @icloud mail account. This has happened on two accounts - I didn't want it to, it just happened. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Uncle h
UncleheFTy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:46 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5

Apple have allocated @icloud.com addresses to all customers, but this should only add an email address for you to use, not have any effect on your @me address. I would delete the accounts and add them again. If you don't want the iCloud.com address, just don't add it when you re-do the email accounts.

I had my email notifying me that the new addresses were available, and I added the new one to my ipad and iphone without issue. I can't however add it to any of my Macs, but this is probably because I use Thunderbird as my email client and not the built in Apple-Mail App.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store