Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I've made important calendar events on my Mac why aren't they on my iPhone? Set up a reminder on my iPhone its not on my iMac? Am I doing something wrong or is iCloud just a flop? Some things seem to work only when they want too like photo-stream. iMessages doesn't sync together very well. I have a conversation on my iPhone go back to my iMac it days old never picks up. Any help would be appreciated?

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
Are you sure you're using the same account and have opted into all those programs on both the iMac and phone? Also make sure you're on the latest version of all their OSes.

For me, my iMessages, reminders, notes, app data and calendar all show up across my rMBP, iPhone 5 and iPad Mini. All three systems run the latest version of their respective OSes as well. I've had 0 issues with anything sync'ing.

TC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Well I looked at my calendar app and everything looks to be set up ok! I then looked at iMessages I did not have my cell phone number set up to it that may explain why iMessages weren't coming on there. Turns out I didn't have Calendar and Reminders turned on in system preferences whoops! Lets see if that fixed it!

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Sometimes it can be as easy as turning the switch off and back on or signing out of iCloud on the phone and back in.

Worth a try, has worked for me in the past.

LarsenR

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
As far as I can tell icloud functionality is problematic to say the least. Everything worked fine for me in August but by the time Apple started rolling out ios 6 their icloud went haywire. FWIW icloud now works well for the basic ios content (notes, calendar, contacts etc) but is completely non-functional for the iwork suite. Sadly, this known issue is not being addressed adequately and the instore Geniuses have been clueless with regards to this issue. Never a good sign when the "geniuses" are clearly less informed and capable than the customer seeking assistance....

So yeah, AFAIC icloud stinks and does not live up to the promises/hype. I'm getting the distinct impression that Apple knows this and is playing "pay no attention to the man behind the cloud...."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.