Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:33 PM   #1
AztecKing
macrumors member

Aperture question

I used to use iPhoto and then switched to Aperture a couple years ago and quit using iPhoto then. Now I'm trying to open some of these photos to make some adjustments and it won't let me. Do I need to upgrade to the latest iPhoto and open them up there?
AztecKing is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:01 AM   #2
kevinfulton.ca
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by AztecKing View Post
I used to use iPhoto and then switched to Aperture a couple years ago and quit using iPhoto then. Now I'm trying to open some of these photos to make some adjustments and it won't let me. Do I need to upgrade to the latest iPhoto and open them up there?
If you update to the latest versions of Aperture and iPhoto you will be able to open you iPhoto library in Aperture. Hope this helps.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:45 AM   #3
Efrem
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinfulton.ca View Post
If you update to the latest versions of Aperture and iPhoto you will be able to open you iPhoto library in Aperture. Hope this helps.
I think the problem is the other way round: the OP wants to open his/her Aperture library in iPhoto.

(I don't know the answer, though.)
Efrem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:24 AM   #4
MCAsan
macrumors 68030

The file structure/library was unifed in latest Aperture and iPhoto. Update both to make sure all older photos can be read by either.
iPad Air | Silver | 128GB | WiFi only
MCAsan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:40 PM   #5
AztecKing
macrumors member

I was afraid of this. I'll get the latest iPhoto downloaded. I was hoping I wouldn't need it to open these pictures in Aperture.
AztecKing is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography