Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbacabMR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
It's been over a week now and I think I may be better off with 64G at the rate mine is filling up right now.

Since I'm within 14 days it's simply a matter of returning the unit...

My question is; 'Does the Apple (retail) store give you a refurb unit in this situation ?'

I guess it's hard to say for anyone not being from Apple. I heard the refurbs are somewhat 'better' since they have been through inspection and fixed for anything that may have been wrong.

Also I tend to think refurbs are not possible on IPT5s given their low 'repairability' factor.

Last edited:

as0016

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
no you won't get a refurb. you'll have to return the 32gb for refund and purchase the 64gb..it'll come as a brand new 64gb.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
Ipad vs. Touch purchased apps

Is there no way i can download from the app store apps for the touch that i purchased for the ipad? I thought they were across the board.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Is there no way i can download from the app store apps for the touch that i purchased for the ipad? I thought they were across the board.

Some apps are made just for Ipad, those with the "hd" tags on. Ipod touch apps, however, will work mostly on the ipad but at a smaller screen and you wouldn't want that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.