Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:42 AM   #26
kangsw2
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusukeaoki View Post
I dont see a problem with lawsuits.
People in the Wall Street mention Apple is putting money on lawsuit not the innovation.

Plus, remember the lawsuit between Samsung and Apple has not finished yet and Samsung hasn't paid a dime =)

How many times do you think Apple executives have to go through the court process? Do you really think only lawyers are in the court? HELL NO. Jony Ive and other members of executives must be in the court to answer questions. do you seriously not see the problem there?

Last edited by kangsw2; Nov 27, 2012 at 06:49 AM.
kangsw2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:51 AM   #27
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangsw2 View Post
People in the Wall Street mention Apple is putting money on lawsuit not the innovation.

Plus, remember the lawsuit between Samsung and Apple has not finished yet and Samsung hasn't paid a dime =)
lolololol

Apple is a big company you know and probably do more than one thing at a time.

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:27 AM   #28
yusukeaoki
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangsw2 View Post

How many times do you think Apple executives have to go through the court process? Do you really think only lawyers are in the court? HELL NO. Jony Ive and other members of executives must be in the court to answer questions. do you seriously not see the problem there?
I obviously know that. In fact I do a profession related with law.
But it doesnt have to be John Ive.
It can be anybody from Apple who understands the concept can go to court.
I have never heard of any news regarding of John Ive showing up in court.
If he did, it would be on the news.
yusukeaoki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:07 AM   #29
roadbloc
macrumors 604

Send a message via Skype™ to roadbloc
Quote:
Originally Posted by yusukeaoki View Post
I dont see a problem with lawsuits.
I never said there was a problem. There might be in the future, after all, all ideas are inspired from other ideas. It is very rare someone comes up with something truly original. And with everyone patenting the hell out of every tiny design feature now, how is innovation expected to continue?

But as I said, the problem doesn't exist at the moment and could never do.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:15 AM   #30
leman
macrumors 68040

First, this is not how this usually works. There are standard practices in the industry. The contracts are usually long-term and tied to supply of specific parts. The price is often pretty much fixed in the contract. With another words, these contracts are usually pre-purchases for some set quantities of items. This is how Apple works with Intel, so I assume that it will be the same for Samsung. Of course, there will be some mechanism to adjust the price if required, but its most likely based on inflation index etc.

Second, Apple puts effort on variation obviously because a) a single supplier is not able to deliver all items Apple requires and b) they do not want to be dependent on a single supplier too much.

Last edited by stridemat; Nov 28, 2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Cleanup and removed borderline insult
leman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion