Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musique

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
I have an older 64GB iPod Touch (MC011LL) running iOS 5.1.1. Sometimes when I use the earbuds that came with it, Voice Control will turn off my music or internet stream and think I want to use it.

Is there a way to disable the Voice Control function. (I know I can use a set of earbuds without the microphone, but I'd still like to know how to control Voice Control.)

Thanks.

Ghostbusters

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
I do not believe there is yet a way. Send Apple feedback and ask them to include it in the next update.

Ghostbusters

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Off

VoiceOver is a different function. The function OP is looking to disable is the Voice Command feature. VoiceOver reads text aloud for the visually impaired and is not turned on by default anyway.

moderately

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
I get this problem from time to time on my 4g Touch. It is usually caused by a wad of lint in the headphone jack. I take the lint out, everything goes back to normal.

carter2

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
Then i suppose you need to get feedback from apple workshop as it is a different issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.