Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:06 PM   #101
Zaft
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by siiip5 View Post
I give you Siri, iMaps and 'retina' displays as recent examples of 'a new thing' that won't work with a previous Gen iPhone model and forces people to upgrade each year. Maybe that is vague and meaningless in a rose colored Apple world? And do the iPad 2, 3, 4 and mini all look identical? Or the iPhone 4, 4s and 5? This is called rehashing the same idea, over and over, because you have nothing left to offer. Notice how the Nokia 920, S3, HOX, 8x, Optimism G and so forth are all new looking and innovative designs over the previous generation of each model?

As for innovation from Apple. It ceased in 2010. Name one thing that has been innovative since then? Hell, give me an example of one piece of iOS software that has been innovative since then. We know Apple has copied a lot from Google since that time, like say the Notification Center, VIP aka 'Priority' Inbox, split keyboard, panorama photo (Apple will copy photosphere next, just watch), launching apps from the lock screen, tabbed browsing for gods sake! and so on. (iMessage was a blatant rip off from RIM!)

And show me sales figures from Apple from any American or European country, since its opening weekend, of the iPhone5, iPad mini or iPad 4. Hint: you won't find any, because they aren't good. Yet, Apple puts out a ton of media press about selling 2 million phones in China during that countries opening weekend. So, lots of press articles for that, but nothing from Apple regarding iPad sales from anywhere in the world and no iPhone sales figures from anywhere, but China? I wonder why that is?

im guessing you hate apple..
Zaft is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:34 PM   #102
siiip5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaft View Post
im guessing you hate apple..
Nope. I have an iMac and a MBP. I Prefer Apple for my computer needs. I have 2 windows machines for my Android connection and programming needs though.

I had been using AppleTV's through my house as well, but it has become to much of a headache trying to keep iTunes and ATV updates from constantly crashing the atv's or erasing them completely and requiring a reload via iTunes. I hate iTunes and ATV now. My Roku boxes have been a god send. So much better.

For my mobile devices, I got tired of trying to jailbreak just to get a modicum of usability from my iPhones and ipads. Apple is just a PIA. My Nexus 7 and S3 are a pleasure to use and modify to my personal tastes and needs.
siiip5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 01:33 PM   #103
Zaft
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by siiip5 View Post
Nope. I have an iMac and a MBP. I Prefer Apple for my computer needs. I have 2 windows machines for my Android connection and programming needs though.

I had been using AppleTV's through my house as well, but it has become to much of a headache trying to keep iTunes and ATV updates from constantly crashing the atv's or erasing them completely and requiring a reload via iTunes. I hate iTunes and ATV now. My Roku boxes have been a god send. So much better.

For my mobile devices, I got tired of trying to jailbreak just to get a modicum of usability from my iPhones and ipads. Apple is just a PIA. My Nexus 7 and S3 are a pleasure to use and modify to my personal tastes and needs.
I agree that apple can be as stubborn as a rock. I would say my most wanted feature in the upcoming IOS7 would be setting defualt apps. Tim Cook already recommended alternitve map apps.. why not let the user just set the defualt like OSX..

Giving devs access to the notification center wouldent hurt either
Zaft is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 08:29 PM   #104
siiip5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaft View Post
I agree that apple can be as stubborn as a rock. I would say my most wanted feature in the upcoming IOS7 would be setting defualt apps. Tim Cook already recommended alternitve map apps.. why not let the user just set the defualt like OSX..

Giving devs access to the notification center wouldent hurt either
Unfortunately, I doubt either of your suggestions will ever happen. Having an accessible file system wouldn't hurt either.
siiip5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6