Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OttawaGuy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
Intel mac mini, os x 10.6.2 4 gigs ram
Mail 4.2 (1077)

My load images bottom has disappeared. I have mail set up with a preview pane below the inbox list.

Any thoughts on getting it back?

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
you might have turned on the display remote images preference? (which is a default setting so at one point, you would've turned it off)

go to mail preferences -> viewing -> deselect 'display remote images in html messages'

(or keep it selected and those images will load automatically)

[edit] that with leopard mail 3.6.. i didn't realize there's a version 4..
still worth a shot i guess..

OttawaGuy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
Hi,

I followed your advice, but no luck.

The images are not loading automatically with it selected and the load images button did not return with it deselected.

Thanks for helping though.:)

GegeLambert

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2013
I have exactly the same problem and I am not able to find a solution :(

when an e-mail contains images, I do not see them (I have a link named by the name of the file) and I do not have to button "load images"

in the preferences, I have "deselect 'display remote images in html messages" unselected (but when I try to select it, it doesn't change anything ....)

It seems that it doesn't not happen for every email containing images but I was not able to discriminate in which case it happens and in which case it does not...

Any help would be welcome I am completely clueless ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.