Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Mar 14, 2013, 08:08 PM   #51
moonman239
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by yth View Post
If you look at samsung galaxy note 10 (and the upcoming galaxy note 8) the ipad is lagging behind in many features. However, the design of the samsung is, um...lacking.

The ipad would be awesome if it had an active digitizer. Basically, this would recognize stylus input as fundamentally different than touch input. The fact that the ipad does not have an active digitizer is the #1 reason why writing on the ipad sucks. Throw in an active digitizer and you can take notes with a pressure-sensitive stylus that is basically as easy as writing on paper.
There are capacitive styluses being manufactured.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:58 AM   #52
iEvolution
macrumors 65816

- Price to come down, the fact they added $100 charge to the 128GB is just insulting users intelligence. Surely 128GB is at the same price point as the 64GB was back in 2009...yet they're still trying to use the 2009 pricing scheme.

- Less weight. I have been one of the arguers that the iPad really isn't all that heavy and that people should workout. It really wasn't until I put it in my bag and carried it that I felt how heavy the device really was. Holding it close to your body is different from holding it in a bag, while its not going to kill me it certainly would be nice if they did lighten the load a bit.

- Faster charge times. Generally speaking I have no problems with the charge times now but if I plug my iPad 3 in and use it the charge gets no where fast. Need to further improve the charge times by either a smaller battery & better power management or further increase the charge wattage.

- iOS needs to be re-evaluated. Android is a much more flexible operating system and while I don't think iOS needs to be as flexible they could certainly use some interface updates. The inability to customize the keyboard drives me nuts, you get two choices: small or huge. They should also add some keyboard shortcut support in the operating system as well. File system should be added for productivity support.
iEvolution is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 05:37 AM   #53
sonicpace
macrumors newbie

-IGZO display to help make the device thinner and lighter

-32GB/64GB/128GB Apple should drop 16GB entirely, it's storage capacity is too small (for a device that doesn't allow for expandable storage). Having the iPad line start at 32GB would offer much more value to the consumer

-2GB of ram

-Gorilla Glass 3 display

-Rapid charge technology, improved battery performance

-Stereo speakers
sonicpace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 09:55 AM   #54
mapledress
macrumors regular

Would you want an iPad 5 that looks and feels just like an iPad mini? Yes, I'd like to see, so I hope the new iPad can be as thin as the iPad Mini. Lighter than before.
And it could be better if the new iPad features a better camera. More RAM are welcome.
mapledress is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 03:54 PM   #55
k2kraky
macrumors newbie

The usuals plus

We all of course want to see, thinner, faster, more space, more Ram, thinner bezel, usb port and this may sound crazy but telephone capability is something I would love to see. No I'm not going to hold it up to my ear....bluetooth of course. I have the iphone 5 and love it but would love to downsize to one gizmo...All in One machine.

Now I don't have an iPad and am waiting not so patiently for the next one. Was disappointed that the last one didn't have some things. I know a lot of people with them adn they still use cheap ereaders for their books because of the glossy screen on the ipad. iInk is great for reading but with such a shiny surface not much good likely out in the sunshine.

I want it all in one device. Phone, tablet and ereader, camera and so on
k2kraky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 05:33 PM   #56
mac jones
macrumors 68040

I like the ipad I have.

I would like a faster processor of course

One note:

If they ever change the screen ratio, I swear I will jump off a bridge holding a sign saying "think different", or something of that nature.

To be honest, the 'wafer thin' thing makes me nervous also.

Companies have to update their stuff, and a lot of the time it's not for the better. Tech, on the other hand, almost always is for the better, but the design aspect is so strong with Apple it could go either way

IMHO.
mac jones is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad