Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Nov 27, 2014, 09:58 AM   #801
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonis View Post
Well, let me tell you of the first dungeon in Pandaria that I've met:

So, there we are leveling from 85 to 90 by doing all type of quests (most of them containing annoying dialogs and lore consisting of badly-copied fragments ripped of the chinese philosophy - which I don't find annoying by itself) and queue for dungeons in order to boost up the process and get some nice blue gear on the way.

And the first dungeon comes up: We enter as 5 bad-ass heroes with their bad-ass-looking weapons and armor, and suddenly we must follow a giant bunny (??) with a huge carrot in its mouth (!!!) along the instance, calling other smaller evil bunnies that hoping around, threatening to kill you (how on earth can a little bunny kill a full-plate paladin and why the paladin should attack it anyway, is beyond me) along with a bunch of other not-so-evil-looking creatures. Finally getting out of the dungeon, back to quests, where in most of them the player helps some Pandas brew and transfer some beer (!!??)

This is more or less the theme for the rest of the leveling areas and dungeons, with few exceptions here and there. They are indeed very well designed visually, and the terrains show how much work is being put on this, but the theme, dialogs etc are just...meh.

Well, at least WoD has put the lore and the world's ambient atmosphere back on track.
Did you have to fight off bunnies? They can be quite deadly, and this is just a normal sized one, much less giant. Cover your throat. I imagine the giant ones would just bite your head off.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Killer_rabbit_with_skull.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	516431
Click image for larger version

Name:	Killer-Bunny--monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-590914_1008_566.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	516434

The complete horror:

Last edited by Huntn; Nov 27, 2014 at 11:09 AM.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:25 AM   #802
antonis
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
Did you have to fight off bunnies? They can be quite deadly, and this is just a normal sized one, much less giant. Cover your throat. I imagine the giant ones would just bite your head off.
Attachment 516431
Attachment 516434

The complete horror:
YouTube: video
Thanks ! This will definitely help me ease my guilt for all the bunny crimes I've commited in Pandaria instances.

In fact, being lvl 100 now, I might go back and let them have it a bit more
antonis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:48 AM   #803
jecartas
macrumors newbie

I tried Ret early on but switched to Protection due to the ability to AOE Grind. Ret was one class that seemed to be taking it hard so have stayed away from that one. But with the latest Patch they made some strong improvements in the Ret Tree from what I have heard. However there is strong suspicion that WOW Developers will nerf some of those and make the Ret tree a little less strong to balance it I guess. But I see you have been over at the WOW Forums and there you can look at all the different Classes and everybody has a mournful tale about how bad there classes got nerfed. I plan on trying Ret again once I can get in the mood to play my Pally again. Healing I hear is boring. It is a wanted Class when you are raiding but not in my interest right now. Right now I am concentrating on my Low Lvl Shaman to move him up a lot. Having fun there.
jecartas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:17 AM   #804
Huntn
macrumors 604

Can anyone describe what happens to your gear when using the free boost with the latest WoD expansion, boost from something like L70 to 90- do you end up with crap 90 gear?
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games