Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supermoto1962

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
An absolute beginner after help with what may be a simple request.

Have photos of products i produce in one colour and would like to edit the photos to show how my products would look in different colours.

Can this be achieved with Photoshop Elements?

I look forward to your replies

TheDrift-

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2010

Have photos of products i produce in one colour and would like to edit the photos to show how my products would look in different colours.

Yes.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California

Elements will do just about everything a photographer needs. Photoshop adds features a graphic artist might want on top. But "Elements is very complete.

Also if you find you DO want Photoshop Adobe will let you upgrade and (mostly) apply the cost of Elements. So there s nothing to be lost in starting with Eements. The user interfaces are very much alike too.

One tip. Buy a Wacom tablet. You will need it for photo editing and it come with a free copy of Elements, that is upgradable.

IceCold29

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Try it first

The best thing about Adobe products is that you can try it before you buy it. Just go to the Adobe website and you can download Elements to try free for 30 days. You can do the same with other programs such as Lightroom or Photoshop. If you like it then you just purchase the product key and you are set.

Also, since you are a beginner, you should watch some tutorials on Photoshop. The ones that worked best for me are from PhotoshopUserTV and Creative Cow. Google it and have fun!

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
One tip. Buy a Wacom tablet. You will need it for photo editing and it come with a free copy of Elements, that is upgradable.

I thought they no longer offered those upgrade deals? I remember them from prior tablets, and even then the offers had limited durations. It would be something like if you bought a tablet, you could upgrade to full photoshop from the bundled elements for $350 or so. This also precedes photoshop extended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.