Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drknowusa

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2010
Anyone noticed that apps that automatically update when activated, like CNBC, Bloomberg or New York Times are not updating? My Times app has not updated since 8 Am this morning and the fCNBC and Bloomberg apps just time out when opening without downloading any data. Wireless system is active and working, so I am looking for assistance or guidance toward a solution.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Reboot the device (hold power down till the power down slider appears)
or
Close the app including app store (double click the home button, hold down an app till little - signs appear)

drknowusa

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2010
Reboot the device (hold power down till the power down slider appears)
or
Close the app including app store (double click the home button, hold down an app till little - signs appear)

Bill,

I did reboot and closed all apps before I posted. This has me baffled!

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
The last course of action before a trip to Apple:
Do a DFU restore. It's going to factory reset the OS and everything to like new, then iTunes will restore it. Should be painless, just takes awhile.

drknowusa

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2010
The last course of action before a trip to Apple:
Do a DFU restore. It's going to factory reset the OS and everything to like new, then iTunes will restore it. Should be painless, just takes awhile.

Thanks, I will give that a try, but I dont think it will cure the problem as both the iPhone and iPad are showing the same behavior on the apps. I am wondering if something is amiss in the cloud?

ShuffleShot

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2012
That's a pain. We had trouble waiting for Apple to approve our update on our app. A little different then your issue! Both frustrating!

Hopefully you have some luck! If not try rebooting your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.