Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Axp

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2013
Viber drops calls when touching the Answer button

Hi, can someone please help with the following issue?
I had Viber on iPhone 4S and after upgrading to iOS 7 it started acting up, such as freezing or not ringing. I just bought a brand new unlocked iPhone 5s from Apple, transferred my SIM and retrieved Viber from iCloud. Now every time I get calls, when I touch the Answer button Viber drops the call instantly; also, when I try to call back the same thing happens. Eventually it does work, but I have to try again and again. I removed Viber and re-installed it from App store (well, it was stored in iCloud!), and I still have the same issue. On other forums people were talking about adjusting different things in the iPhone Settings. Funny enough, I can’t do this because Viber doesn’t appear in Settings like all other apps, but it’s only on the main screen. Having said that, it means I can only access things inside the app, like Messages, Contacts the “More” button etc.
Also, I’m on 4G or on my wireless home network, which is more than ok, so it can’t be a connection related issue.
I don’t know what to do anymore, other than installing-reinstalling, which I already did, so please, if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi, can someone please help with the following issue?
I had Viber on iPhone 4S and after upgrading to iOS 7 it started acting up, such as freezing or not ringing. I just bought a brand new unlocked iPhone 5s from Apple, transferred my SIM and retrieved Viber from iCloud. Now every time I get calls, when I touch the Answer button Viber drops the call instantly; also, when I try to call back the same thing happens. Eventually it does work, but I have to try again and again. I removed Viber and re-installed it from App store (well, it was stored in iCloud!), and I still have the same issue. On other forums people were talking about adjusting different things in the iPhone Settings. Funny enough, I can’t do this because Viber doesn’t appear in Settings like all other apps, but it’s only on the main screen. Having said that, it means I can only access things inside the app, like Messages, Contacts the “More” button etc.
Also, I’m on 4G or on my wireless home network, which is more than ok, so it can’t be a connection related issue.
I don’t know what to do anymore, other than installing-reinstalling, which I already did, so please, if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Hi Axp,

I'm Dan from Viber.

This issue could be related to the fact that you backupped Viber on iCloud, then retrieved it from there to your new phone.

we would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/1

When you submit the ticket, in the line called: "Through which channel did you submit your initial inquiry", please make sure to choose "Technical Forum".

Thanks in advance!

madey

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2014
viber problem

hi good day, i temporally uninstalled my viber app 2days ago due to the internet problem, but how come my girlfriend knows that my status is still online perhps i already uninstalled.. pls i need some answer for this,.

AndrewJax

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2014
hi good day, i temporally uninstalled my viber app 2days ago due to the internet problem, but how come my girlfriend knows that my status is still online perhps i already uninstalled.. pls i need some answer for this,.

Install it again and set your status to offline maybe this will help.

accessdeny

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2014
Hi,
This is a member of the Viber Development Team.

1. Are you using Viber on WiFi or 3G?
2. What country are you located in? which cellular network?

Hi
I have the same problem. Viber tells me that I need internet connection, in order to get the activation code, but I am more than sure that I have. I tried to solve the problem by using 3g, wifi, restarting the device, reinstalling viber... I am located in Bulgaria using globul network and I am pretty sure that this is not the problem, as I have used viber before, on the same device I am trying to use now (galaxy tab 7.7 3g)

Creekview

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2014
Viber in Cuba

My daughter's friends use Viber to make "Wifi calls" to keep in touch since some of them live outside the United States. She is in Cuba for school and had hoped to use Viber to call back to the United States, but when she tried today she did not get any type of connection. She is paying for and getting Wifi access at one of the hotels and has been able to use her iPhone 4S for e-mail, send iMessages and call my iPhone via FaceTime. Big issue is that not all of her friends have iPhones (including the boy friend) so she is still hoping for a non-iMessage/Facetime solution. Has anyone had any luck using Viber/Wifi from Cuba and if yes, did you need to do anything special?

Thanks for the help, Paul

roula

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2014
Hi I uninstalled viber from my sumsung note 2 but I still each time have a new last seen without having viber on my phone can I know why?

fardeenah

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2013
hello , today i was added to all kinds of different group on viber but i didnt create any one of them, it is so weird, people aadded are those i dont know, and i just dont know who created those. is it some kind of bug? to my knowledge none of us created these groups

Baron Bic

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2014
Unable to call one contact from PC or Android

Hi,

Viber calls to one contact, from either my Android or my PC are not available. Free call is not highlighted and I cannot enter text messages from my PC. I can message from my Android, and receive messages and calls to my Android and PC from this contact.

This contact is not showing on my Viber contact list on my PC but is listed in my Viber messages list. She has the latest Viber installed on her Ipad (which I did myself) but not her phone (no 3G/Internet on her phone).

She can call me from her Ipad but I can not call her.

Anyone from Viber able to help on this one ?

Remi-7

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2014
Viber issue

I have installed viber in my Samsung Ace android version 2.3 . In the set up page i was asked to enter my country as well as my mobile no. and then press continue. I did ,after that an error msg came that viber needs an internet connection though my phone was connected to internet.Pls help.

pvse

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2014
viber pictures

Any update on the viber picture issues. I can only view thumbnail and not the full image

I am using a Nexus 5 over LTE network and the provider is Smart communication

rb17103

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2014
GSM call cuts an ongoing Viber call?

Hello,

I'm trying to find out if a GSM call automatically drops an ongoing Viber call.
That is, if having an ongoing Viber call, and receive a GSM call, the third party on Viber is dropped automatically, or can he/she hear the GSM conversation?
Just wanting to garantee my privacy!

Best regards.

safrosh

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2014
helo..i need a help..
im using viber 4.2.. its working good
but only the thing is wen im on call i hear beeping continuosly in background n after sometimes call drops..previously it never happened..though im using viber for a long time..

milenabalj

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2014
I have an iPhone 3.1.3 and installed viber on it in March 2012. I managed to get messages fine until the beginning of January this year. Now I get the tone call for an incoming message but I don't receive any message. Can anyone help? thanks, Sandy

hiiii, I just wanted to know if you managed to resolve the problem, since I am experiencing the same with Viber on my Alcatel. .. :(

Armyof1

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2014
Unexpected message

I curently recieved a message stating that I have installed Viber on a android device, but the problem is I don't have an android device. When I investigated the issue I messaged the person that installed the device under my name and number. The weird thing about this is that when I looked at the profile it has my name and my phone numbers that i used to reguister in viber the only difference is that the profile picture is different. Please help.

jassu

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2014
Estonia
Is there a way to recover deleted viber pictures? I've been searching how to do that, but all I got is how to get back messages, but I need pictures. I accidentally deleted the ones I received, but I need them back. Can you help me, please?

jonamein

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2014
viber calls not connecting

Hi, I am using viber desktop (windows 8). It has been working fine, not until last week (last March 21st), up until now. Calls aren't connecting. Chat is fine. Whenever I do outbound calls, on my end it keeps on ringing and will then disconnect and show a message saying "cancelled call", even if the receiving end already answered my call and they are already saying "hello". When someone calls me, right after I answer their call, the call is dropped.
I already tried installing the updates and uninstall-reinstall. Still the same. calls aren't connecting. Kindly help. Many thanks.

Batool Alazazi

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2014
Hello i have i phone5 i keep receiving viber messages and calls but when I open viber it says disconnected and the wifi is working

lesviber

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2014
viber time

When you see a time next to you the message you received. If the message was sent but was delay. Does it show time sent or the deliver time only?

Stacy tran

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2014
Recently one of my contact become offline status . I try texting and calling, but when I text it said nothing. I trie again today and his contact still offline mode, but this time it show deliver but not seen, what does it mean? Can my contact goes online without me seen or it will appear online this date or time?

Shameem26

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
Unknown user photos

Hi

I too have the same problem of having unknown persons in viber archive user photos.How come it is possible of having people pictures whom i dont know in my mobile as viber user photos??

Regards,
Shameem

samanthavarlet

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2014
problem with viber

please note that am using a Samsung Young, not able to received code activation by sms thus I received it by call but when I entered it its invalid ....Can I get help as soon as possible.
Thanks

----------

may I can an email address for giving more detail bout the problem with viber

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.