Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shimunna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
i got a macbook pro from my friend. it's quite old, from 2007 or something. i'm trying to learn to use it properly. today i was trying to edit a video in imovie. it's a 4 minute video but i need just the first 1:30 minutes. i trimmed it but i can't save the video. how can i do it?

Nov 28, 2010
located
What iMovie version do you have?

To find out the version number of an application,

either switch to that application and go to the
Menu Bar > "Application Name" > About "Application Name" (Finder is used in below screenshot guide)

clicking above image will get a more detailed screenshot

or go to the Applications folder in Finder and use the Get Info window (CMD+I).

And did you try the SHARE Menu Bar item, if it is there? There is an Export button.

You might even have luck with some of these items.

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the
MR_Edit_GoAdvanced_button.png
button below your message.

shimunna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
"export to quicktime" worked! now i understand, "export" is like "save" in windows :)

Nov 28, 2010
located
"export to quicktime" worked! now i understand, "export" is like "save" in windows :)

No, it is not. There is still a "Save" and a "Save As" in most Mac OS X applications, and "Saving" means the document/project you work on and "save" is still an editable project/document within the application it was created in, while "exporting" means, that the document/project gets stored in a format, that is no longer editable by the source application and is meant for easier distribution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.