Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trauma1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Have we lost the ability to private message?

I've clicked on several different users, and I can't find the option to PM them.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Imma send u a test one

Edit: cant :/

You only have 2 posts
You need a minimum of 5

----------

From the FAQ

Why can't I send a Private Message?
You may not be eligible to use this feature yet.

Before you can send a Private Message or email to another forum member, these conditions must apply:

1. You must have a post count of at least 5, as shown in your user profile.
  2. You must have been a forum member at least one day.
  3. The recipient must have enabled receipt of Private Messages or email in their User Options. The options are named Enable Private Messaging and Receive Email from Other Members.

The first two eligibility requirements are necessary to prevent spammers, advertisers, or "bots" from joining MacRumors merely to send spam by Private Message. They are a slight inconvenience for new members but are for the benefit of all members. The third requirement is a matter of personal privacy. If a forum member chooses not to enable receipt of Private Messages or email, the moderators will not send them a message on your behalf. However, members should enable receipt of Private Messages when posting in the Marketplace forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.