Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toke lahti

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2007
Helsinki, Finland
If apple did upgrades on a few items, including the front facing camera, ie for webcam/facetime/skype... Why didn't they upgrade the rear facing camera, which is same type as apple uses in iphone 4S.

It would have at least been as nice to get same camera as iphone 5.
Maybe they still had truckloads of previous model and wanted to use them?

caprylicpeg

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
So should I get it?

I'm an Ipad Newbie. School starts in march for me (i'm well out of high school but do help and give me your suggestions!), Should I wait to buy the new Ipad? Will there be an upgrade or a tweak by then?? I would most DEFINITELY not be happy if something like that happened right after I buy the product.

or should i get the surface.?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
This is a bit unusual for Apple to refresh this quickly but it makes a lot of sense:

• The holiday shopping season is almost here
  • Apple just replaced the 30 Pin connector which has been around for almost a decade
  • The more products that use the new Lightning connector the easier it is to sell "companion iOs products" that also use that new connector
  • The current iPhones and iPods now use the new connector but the 3rd part of the iOS empire did not.

My theory? The "old" new iPad was rushed. They want their iPad line to have ubiquity with charging, etc. They weren't ready when the "old" new iPad launched with the beefed up cpu/gpu either. Now they are releasing what SHOULD have been released originally with absolutely ZERO fanfare so as not to give the public the idea that they would ever rush a product to market.

Let's also not forget the killer Nexus 10, and if that doesn't float your boat, the Windows Slate that are right here for Zmas shopping frenzy as well. I have only had first hand experience with the latter, but it is VERY good. Far vetter than I expected it to be.

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
I'm an Ipad Newbie. School starts in march for me (i'm well out of high school but do help and give me your suggestions!), Should I wait to buy the new Ipad? Will there be an upgrade or a tweak by then?? I would most DEFINITELY not be happy if something like that happened right after I buy the product.

or should i get the surface.?

I'd get a surface, no doubt.

crepuscular

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2012
But owning a £659 tablet for just 7 months, only to have it updated x2 its capabilities is a bit of a wind up.
And it's not just me who thinks so ... just look through the forums and you will see that many people are pissed off about it.

I see entitled people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.