Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeithLilja

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Yep, using a Casetagram case now and LOVE IT. It's so much thinner than I expected it to be (I was thinking along the lines of an Uncommon case). I got the transparent one so the sides are still visible, which I also quite like. Obviously, it's not going to save me from drops, but it will keep scratches at bay, so I'm happy with it.

----------

That's what I was planning on going with at first as well, having used an Element Vapor Pro and various skins from DecalGirl, SkinIt, etc., on my 4S, but beware if you're a person who likes to switch up skins with any frequency at all. They cling like a mother to the non-glass portion of the back and get stretched out like crazy even if you're meticulous when removing them, or at least all of mine did.

Yeah I don't really plan on changing them up too much, unless they get trashed and need replacement. I was talking with Lazerwood (real wood back skins) and they said they were going to be changing the adhesive that they use on their iP5 skins because the 3M they were currently using was so sticky people couldn't get the wood off and most of the time when they did, it was snap or crack the wood.

Anotoneher

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
I have a otterbox commuter on my 5. Once I got used to the bulk it didn't bother me anymore. Not much larger than my candyshell was.

mac00l

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2011
I have an Incipio Feather, here's my story.

At first I was completely sure about going naked. Then on week 3 I dropped my phone from my front pocket, while bending to pick up something.

The drop was no higher than 8 inches, nonetheless it was enough to make some small dents in two corners. Since my i5 is black, the aluminum shines a lot. The next day I went to get "any" cheap case. Somehow I finished with the Incipio Feather which feels like a high quality case, for a fair price.

Just today my i5 went trough the air from my couch. There is not a single scratch, even tho the fall was higher than before. Therefore I believe that the Incipio Feather gave "reasonable" protection considering how slim it is.

It also has a nice feel to the touch.

Bottomline is, no regrets at all. Price was fair. For me it "enhanced" my experience (the additional grip is a plus), gives protection from scratches and from my experience "fair" drop protection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.