Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:20 PM   #51
JoeShades
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Williamstown, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodeman53 View Post
They also indicate why, which is not their opinion. Had you taken the time to read the review, you'd know this....well most people would. To keep us even, I up-voted my own post.
Yes they indicate why they think that does not make it fact there will be no retina next mini
JoeShades is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:56 PM   #52
sectime
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodeman53 View Post
They also indicate why, which is not their opinion. Had you taken the time to read the review, you'd know this....well most people would. To keep us even, I up-voted my own post.
Thinking that up voting your own post is important is a clear sign you need a life
sectime is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:30 PM   #53
kodeman53
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sectime View Post
Thinking that up voting your own post is important is a clear sign you need a life
The inability to read and understand English is a clear sign night school should be in your future. I was simply doing what JoeShades did, i.e., he upvoted his own post.
kodeman53 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:38 PM   #54
ZBoater
macrumors 603
 
ZBoater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sunny Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post
Not speed navigating or downloading?
About the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post
How about watching letterboxed videos?
The exact same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post
How about the sound quality of the speakers?
The Mini actually sounds better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post
I didn't really like the portrait mode viewing web pages on the Mini and having to use a different browser to enlarge the font.
Safari and the Mini in landscape mode does the trick for me. I don't like portrait mode in the Mini but I didn't like it on my iPad 3 either.

The reduction in weight is the biggest upside for me,
__________________
iPhone 5 | iPad Air | Dell Venue Pro 8 | Nexus 7.2 | MacBook Air | Thunderbolt Display | Apple TV | Time Capsule
ZBoater is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:27 PM   #55
sectime
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodeman53 View Post
The inability to read and understand English is a clear sign night school should be in your future. I was simply doing what JoeShades did, i.e., he upvoted his own post.
Thanks for proving my thesis
Oops he did again (up voted his own post) Ha
sectime is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:29 PM   #56
JoeShades
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Williamstown, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodeman53 View Post
The inability to read and understand English is a clear sign night school should be in your future. I was simply doing what JoeShades did, i.e., he upvoted his own post.
yeah i did no such thing sorry
JoeShades is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:29 AM   #57
mathi-vadhanan
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Nexus7 user.

Nexus 7 user here. So went with the ipad4, best of both worlds. It really depends what you want to do with it. I wanted ipad mostly for browsing and streaming HD movies, ipad4 was no brainer for me.
mathi-vadhanan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:51 AM   #58
nasa25
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Got the mini launch and picked up a 4 online at the Black Friday event yesterday - best of both worlds.

I just picked up the wireless keyboard as well and will be using that primarily at home with the 4. The mini will be my travel iPad. The mini is also far better to use as a controller while playing games from your iPad on your television (through Apple TV). I think there is room for both of these devices in ones home.
nasa25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:56 AM   #59
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasa25 View Post
Got the mini launch and picked up a 4 online at the Black Friday event yesterday - best of both worlds.

I just picked up the wireless keyboard as well and will be using that primarily at home with the 4. The mini will be my travel iPad. The mini is also far better to use as a controller while playing games from your iPad on your television (through Apple TV). I think there is room for both of these devices in ones home.
Not sure I'll keep both to tell the truth. I really like the Mini but the deal for 4 screamed so I picked one up. Too tempting and I feel like I'd rather have a device with more updated technology to tell the truth versus the size and weight convenience of the Mini.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:21 AM   #60
nasa25
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post
Not sure I'll keep both to tell the truth. I really like the Mini but the deal for 4 screamed so I picked one up. Too tempting and I feel like I'd rather have a device with more updated technology to tell the truth versus the size and weight convenience of the Mini.
The size factor of the mini is the deal breaker for me. The 4 will be nice but the mini is where my heart is.
nasa25 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:25 PM   #61
richardmu
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bristol, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasa25 View Post
The size factor of the mini is the deal breaker for me. The 4 will be nice but the mini is where my heart is.
Opposite for me. Mini felt like a kids toy so returned it. Bought a 4 yesterday.

Feels like a proper iPad! Probably because I have used a 2 almost every day since launch.
richardmu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:08 PM   #62
nasa25
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardmu View Post
Opposite for me. Mini felt like a kids toy so returned it. Bought a 4 yesterday.

Feels like a proper iPad! Probably because I have used a 2 almost every day since launch.
I think for home use, full size iPad wins. iPad mini is far better as a smaller, lighter travel option (in my opinion). Also, I couldn't imagine playing FIFA 13 on my iPad through my apple TV using the full size iPad as a controller. iPad mini worked perfectly.

Love my mini but can't wait for my 4 to arrive in the post in a few days.
nasa25 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:17 PM   #63
alphaod
macrumors Core
 
alphaod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 上海 (Shanghai)
The iPad 4 is definitely faster, the screen looks better, etc., but the point is you want the form-factor of the mini or you want the form-factor of the regular iPad.

If you compare spec for spec, then the mini will look and feel horrible.

I spent about $800 (with tax and AppleCare+) on the iPad mini, so really it was down the fact that the smaller iPad is something that I want, not the regular sized iPad (which I also own, but have not touched once since I bough the mini).

I don't miss the Retina display and the iPad is fast enough for everything I need to do on it.

Hell, I didn't buy my rMBP for the Retina display. I wanted a thinner 15" MacBook Pro.
__________________
Mac Pro | iMac | Mac mini | MacBook Pro | MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod
alphaod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:21 PM   #64
thadoggfather
macrumors 68030
 
thadoggfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
I like my mini too, and still think ill keep my ipad 3 around (but not sure, maybe ill get rid of it) but if you wanted 15" Rmbp for form factor and screen didn't matter why not get an air instead?

I love my air.
thadoggfather is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:23 PM   #65
alphaod
macrumors Core
 
alphaod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 上海 (Shanghai)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
but if you wanted 15" Rmbp for form factor and screen didn't matter why not get an air instead?
I didn't say I didn't want the screen size. I didn't care if it was a Retina display or not. All I want is a 15" laptop with a 1680x1050 display. So had they made the 15" 1680x1050 diplay into the new form, I would have been content with that.

The 15" had more than just a bigger screen; quad-core CPU, faster GPU, more RAM.

Also, Apple doesn't make a 15" MacBook Air.
__________________
Mac Pro | iMac | Mac mini | MacBook Pro | MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod
alphaod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:26 PM   #66
thadoggfather
macrumors 68030
 
thadoggfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Fair enough haha
thadoggfather is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad Mini: iPad mini screen.. Compare to iPad 3 side by side. PDF/web Poochi iPad 3 Nov 2, 2012 09:20 PM
Quick question How do you put windows side buy side YellowScream OS X 2 Sep 5, 2012 04:19 PM
2 ultimate 13 air side by side, interesting BLUE TINT discovery! BigB82 MacBook Air 1 Aug 18, 2012 07:56 AM
rMBP: lower left side of trackpad less flush than right side? 73CortinaV8 MacBook Pro 2 Aug 18, 2012 01:00 AM
Side by side comparison of Google & Apple Maps at Kings Cross, London b24pgg iOS 6 73 Jun 14, 2012 04:01 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC