Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 17, 2013, 01:33 PM   #26
Xeem
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille Carter View Post
The OP should be confused after some of these replies. A little dust should not. Make the connection loose. Take it to the Apple store and they will replace. It is a rare but known problem.
Actually, I just had this exact same issue, and it WAS just compacted dust and pocket lint in the back of the lightning port of my iPhone 5 that was making the connector loose (and I mean so loose that I could barely get it to charge). I used a soft toothpick and dug out more crap than one would think could be hiding in there, and now my lightning cable is totally snug again and charges flawlessly.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 10:28 AM   #27
hugorrr
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeem View Post
Actually, I just had this exact same issue, and it WAS just compacted dust and pocket lint in the back of the lightning port of my iPhone 5 that was making the connector loose (and I mean so loose that I could barely get it to charge). I used a soft toothpick and dug out more crap than one would think could be hiding in there, and now my lightning cable is totally snug again and charges flawlessly.
I had this problem as well, and it was also caused by lint.

I really didn't think that this was the problem, but it was. I used a flat wooden toothpick to carefully scrape it out. I'll post a picture of the lint so you'll get an idea of how much was actually in there.

hugorrr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2014, 03:24 PM   #28
DominikHoffmann
macrumors member

I had a bunch of lint inside my lightning receptacle, as well. Blowing it with compressed ďairĒ alone didnít do the trick. I used a 2-mm flat-blade screw driver to carefully loosen the lint and then blew it out.
DominikHoffmann is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone