Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 9, 2013, 09:28 PM   #1
IPadNParadise
macrumors regular

Apple TV Movie Storage

I have only had my Apple TV about a month and still getting used to it. I have ordered a few movies (thru iTunes) and watched them. I would be fine with deleting them but cant see any way to do that. I can see, let's say a year from now that I would have so many movies showing up under the Movie icon it would be a pain to navigate thru them and I really dont want to take up storage for movies that I dont want to watch again. I read the ATV 3 does not have storage but I dont find these movies that I purchased on the ATV taking up any space on my MBP either. So how do I get rid of these movies on my ATV after I watch them?
IPadNParadise is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Am guessing u never downloaded them but just streamed it from the Apple's server. The next question to ask is, can ATV/iTunes organize in such a way to move off WATCHED movies to another folder?
Mrbobb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 01:24 AM   #3
MFL2012
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPadNParadise View Post
I have only had my Apple TV about a month and still getting used to it. I have ordered a few movies (thru iTunes) and watched them. I would be fine with deleting them but cant see any way to do that. I can see, let's say a year from now that I would have so many movies showing up under the Movie icon it would be a pain to navigate thru them and I really dont want to take up storage for movies that I dont want to watch again. I read the ATV 3 does not have storage but I dont find these movies that I purchased on the ATV taking up any space on my MBP either. So how do I get rid of these movies on my ATV after I watch them?
Go to the "Purchased" section of your iTunes account on your computer. Click the x on the top of the movie you want to delete. It will be moved to the "Hidden Items" section of your account and shouldn't show up on your ATV. If you ever want to restore it, you can do it from there.
MFL2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 09:15 AM   #4
mic j
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPadNParadise View Post
Why buy them if you don't plan to watch them again? Why not just rent?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater