Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:03 AM   #1
saintforlife
macrumors 6502a

iPad 4 ($499) or iPad 3 ($379 - refurbished)?

Is the iPad 4 worth the extra $120? Do you really notice that much real world difference between these two tablets?
saintforlife is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:35 AM   #2
Ipadlover29
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
Is the iPad 4 worth the extra $120? Do you really notice that much real world difference between these two tablets?
I only own the iPad 3. To me it works great. Only get the iPad 4 if your going to use it for gaming, photo editing, video editing. Otherwise you won't really notice that much of a difference. Also keep in mind that the iPad 5 will be released in the next 6-12 months. It will most probably be lighter, faster, thinner, more ram and maybe stereo speakers. So it's better to buy the refurb iPad 3 now. Use the extra money towards the iPad 5 when it comes out.

If you absolutely need the lightning connector and or the better front camera right now then that's another reason to get the newer iPad 4.
Ipadlover29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:48 AM   #3
zhenya
macrumors 68020

Yeah, I kind of agree. If you intend to keep it for a couple of years, get the new one; it has much more powerful internals and will remain up to date for longer. If you think you'll want to upgrade again at the next release, save your money.
zhenya is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:10 AM   #4
SeniorGato1
macrumors regular

Go iPad 3. The next version will be a complete redesign. And the iPad 4 buys you very little in actual day to day performance
SeniorGato1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:17 AM   #5
tjb117
macrumors newbie

My wife has the 3. I recently bought the 4.

You couldn't really tell the difference between them to be honest. I gave my 2 to my parents, and coming from the 2 to 4, it's pretty noticeable upgrade. Mainly just for the retina display if anything.

If money is a concern or if you plan on upgrading soon, I'd say just go with the 3. As I have a feeling the 5 will be more of a redesign to the form factor. Just my guess.

But, if you plan on keeping it for a while and don't care about having the latest/greatest and the extra ~100 isn't a big deal, I'd say go for the 4. Eventually the extra power will come in handy (io7 and greater), as well as having the lightning connector which eventually all of them will have
tjb117 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad