Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Icculus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Frisco, TX
I have had iTM since day one, and for the most part I really love this service. However my OCD is taking over and I cannot handle having 90% of an album matched and 1-2 songs not...does anyone have any tricks to get the remaining songs to match? I tried converting it to AIFF as someone said that might work, but it didnt for me. Just curious what everyone else is doing on songs that do not match...thanks.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I have had iTM since day one, and for the most part I really love this service. However my OCD is taking over and I cannot handle having 90% of an album matched and 1-2 songs not...does anyone have any tricks to get the remaining songs to match? I tried converting it to AIFF as someone said that might work, but it didnt for me. Just curious what everyone else is doing on songs that do not match...thanks.

You're gonna have to let it go. While there's a few tricks to possibly get them to match, they are not a guarantee.

1. Re-rip the songs as 320 AAC.
2. Match the length to the song(s) in iTunes.
3. Download a higher quality version from Amazon.
4. Remove the song from iCloud, wait 24 hours, and try rematching it. (This has only worked once for me.)

Also note that metadata doesn't change matching at all. I have bout 16,000 songs so getting them all to match is impossible. I now just sit back and enjoy having my library on all of my Apple devices. On a positive note, at least iOS devices don't show you what's been uploaded or matched.

DarrenUK

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
Southampton, UK

Exactly the same, I just have to match the whole album. It is a little annoying when just one song will not match.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.