Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Ever thought of an "Invite only" developer forum?

I'd happily PM a Mod my dev UDID to get access if it meant I didn't have to trawl through posts about how bad iOS 7 is because of bugs and battery drain and actually have a sensible conversation about the betas.

I know we don't have to read those threads but its the internet and they're only a click away. :eek:

Just a thought.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Ever thought of an "Invite only" developer forum?

I'd happily PM a Mod my dev UDID to get access if it meant I didn't have to trawl through posts about how bad iOS 7 is because of bugs and battery drain and actually have a sensible conversation about the betas.

I know we don't have to read those threads but its the internet and they're only a click away. :eek:

Just a thought.

By doing that, you'll immediately limit your userbase to registered iOS users. That excludes anyone who programs on another OS, or doesn't have an ADC (jailbreakers).

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
I think the sort of forums you are talking about already exist.

I'm not sure if it's even possible for MacRumors to police such a forum as Apple are the only ones who would be able to check if you are submitting genuine dev UDID details.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.