Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 28, 2013, 04:29 AM   #1
SamsMochi
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5s 'This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably...'

Er what?

I'm using the official apple lightning connecter that came with the damn iphone an it just started giving me this crap. The charger has been working fine until my battery drained and started to recharge it.

The stupid thing is, the annoying pop up message appears even when I'm not charging! Is it something wrong with my phone? Charger? Should I restore my iphone? It's annoying because the message keeps popping up!
SamsMochi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2013, 05:35 PM   #2
John T
macrumors 68020

Silly question but have you tried re-booting your phone?
John T is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2014, 11:04 PM   #3
gw0gvq
macrumors member

“This cable or accessory is not certified or may not work reliable with this iPhone”

I have same thing with my iPhone 5 it started after the iOS 7 update , Apple told me it was not the correct cable I was using but it was the one that came with the phone . So I bought a replacement to prove them wrong. This time when charging I got the error message .( The new cable, is only about 2 months old) and it stopped charging my phone and is now flat so I cant even reboot to try anything else.
gw0gvq is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting