Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:05 AM   #126
Macky-Mac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by snberk103 View Post
Why? Was I too subtle?
do you realize how BAD you've made those guys feels??? (ok.....so they're dead, but maybe dead guys have feelings too.....did you consider that?)
Macky-Mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2014, 01:40 PM   #127
larrygornick
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky-Mac View Post
do you realize how BAD you've made those guys feels??? (ok.....so they're dead, but maybe dead guys have feelings too.....did you consider that?)
Believe it or not, those guys were actually liked by some people. A few. A very select few. Bieber cannot even argue that.
larrygornick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2014, 08:35 AM   #128
snberk103
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrygornick View Post
Believe it or not, those guys were actually liked by some people. A few. A very select few. Bieber cannot even argue that.
Well....in 2012 - 8 million Americans would disagree with you. They liked him well enough to buy an album. For the record... I'm not one of them.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 01:41 PM   #129
larrygornick
macrumors member

Quote:
Well....in 2012 - 8 million Americans would disagree with you. They liked him well enough to buy an album. For the record... I'm not one of them.
I'm willing to place a bet that since 2012, a plurality of those 8 million people have hated themselves, and wished for their money back.

We've all done things we're ashamed of, man.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 09:45 AM   #130
snberk103
macrumors 603

Quote:
I'm willing to place a bet that since 2012, a plurality of those 8 million people have hated themselves, and wished for their money back.

We've all done things we're ashamed of, man.
I'm willing to bet otherwise. Just for the record, I'm no fan of Bieber. I doubt I've heard more than one or two songs of his. I actually liked some of Avril's early songs. But not Justin's.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 06:03 AM   #131
iMacBooked
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to iMacBooked Send a message via AIM to iMacBooked Send a message via MSN to iMacBooked Send a message via Yahoo to iMacBooked Send a message via Skype™ to iMacBooked
Quote:
I'm willing to bet otherwise. Just for the record, I'm no fan of Bieber. I doubt I've heard more than one or two songs of his. I actually liked some of Avril's early songs. But not Justin's.
There will always be someone who'd stay fan of this guy forever. Whatever that reason could be. Maybe his mother or father, but they're probably ashamed of their son as well..
Old Jun 8, 2014, 07:46 AM   #132
snberk103
macrumors 603

Sorry, but I don't believe in hating someone just because it's sudden 'hip' to hate them. He is not my favourite person, and he has done some ugly things. But this thread is an ugly reminder of how many people lose perspective. He is simply a spoiled celebrity. There are many more much more evil people who deserve our attention. The best thing Bieber is to simply ignore him.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 08:11 AM   #133
Dolorian
macrumors 65816

Dolorian is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2014, 01:36 PM   #134
Macky-Mac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Sorry, but I don't believe in hating someone just because it's sudden 'hip' to hate them. He is not my favourite person, and he has done some ugly things. But this thread is an ugly reminder of how many people lose perspective. He is simply a spoiled celebrity. There are many more much more evil people who deserve our attention. The best thing Bieber is to simply ignore him.
well......he's 20 years old, has made a big chunk of money fast and is now trying to find his way into the adult world........perhaps it's unintentional, but he's become more amusing than when he was a well scrubbed goody goody singing for 13 year old girls

Ugly things? for the most part just immature teenaged stuff fueled by too much ready money...........so far
Macky-Mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:18 PM   #135
larrygornick
macrumors member

He's done some pretty mean things. No one likes him. And that's alright in my book. I realize that some people are fans of his, and that's fine, but I don't like them either. I have every right to dislike whoever I want. That's why America is good. We are allowed to dislike people. I know that J.B. doesn't care in the slightest about me, and that's fine. If I met him, he would probably dislike me as well. But I don't want to think about that. His music is bad. His personality is bad.

El Fin
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:48 PM   #136
snberk103
macrumors 603

Quote:
...That's why America is good. We are allowed to dislike people. .

El Fin
Is that enshrined in the Constitution?

"Congress shall make no law that shall infringe on the Rights of the People to Dislike whomsoever they shall choose to Dislike."

Tongue Very Firmly In Cheek!!!!!

Luckily the right to dislike people is not an peculiarly American right.

Seriously.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:59 PM   #137
larrygornick
macrumors member

Quote:
Is that enshrined in the Constitution?

"Congress shall make no law that shall infringe on the Rights of the People to Dislike whomsoever they shall choose to Dislike."

Tongue Very Firmly In Cheek!!!!!

Luckily the right to dislike people is not an peculiarly American right.

Seriously.
I was speaking with a bit of sarcasm myself. I'm glad you uphold a higher stance of not hating someone because it's cool. I'm proud of you, that is a highly virtuous thing to do.

In terms of disliking people, yeah, we're allowed to dislike people, and I know that that is not limited to the US.

But look at our country's history. We hated the British, so we ran away from them. We ruined Native American's lives, they hated us, so we killed them til they ran away. Then Britain hated us for not paying taxes, so we killed them til they ran away. They we hated countless groups of people along the way until present day, where now our children are taught that we are the best country in the history of earth.

And most Americans hate our own president.

In my humble opinion, I think it is healthy to funnel all of our cultural hatred away from other races and countries, and perhaps dispose of it all on one outlet. I cast my vote to Mr. Justin Bieber.

DISCLAIMER: I don't actually feel hatred towards him. I'm not fond, but I enjoy the internet fad of "fake" hatred. It's amusing, and funny from time to time.

Last edited by larrygornick; Jun 10, 2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 04:46 PM   #138
ptb42
macrumors regular

Quote:
In my humble opinion, I think it is healthy to funnel all of our cultural hatred away from other races and countries, and perhaps dispose of it all on one outlet. I cast my vote to Mr. Justin Bieber.
It's not a new idea: Two Minutes (of) Hate
ptb42 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2014, 04:59 AM   #139
decafjava
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Yes you are right, and I even got in on the act earlier in the thread.

It seems some folks love to hate on *fill in the blank* here. After all, it happens to our favourite tech brand. And many fellow Apple fans indulge in the same nonsense themselves when mindlessly bashing rival companies and their users.

As a long-time sci-fi fan see this a LOT to my chagrin. Heck I much prefer the original trilogy of Star Wars to the prequels and think George Lucas made some errors of judgement I am getting fed up with the excessive ranting. It's not enough to just dislike something - they rage and wish others would stop liking it.

That said, I still think Beiber is an awful singer and spoiled brat. That's it.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 09:13 AM   #140
snberk103
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafjava View Post
As a long-time sci-fi fan see this a LOT to my chagrin. ...
Orson Scott Card?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:51 AM   #141
ActionableMango
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafjava View Post
Heck I much prefer the original trilogy of Star Wars to the prequels and think George Lucas made some errors of judgement I am getting fed up with the excessive ranting. It's not enough to just dislike something - they rage and wish others would stop liking it.
It's not that there are new cuts. It's that the original isn't available. All of that rage would go away if they'd simply include the theatrical cut along side whatever the cut of the day is.
ActionableMango is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2014, 07:52 AM   #142
decafjava
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Orson Scott Card?
No, Star Trek (TOS, TNG mainly never got into DS9 or Voyager), Doctor Who and Star Wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionableMango View Post
It's not that there are new cuts. It's that the original isn't available. All of that rage would go away if they'd simply include the theatrical cut along side whatever the cut of the day is.
I see what you mean, but I meant the prequels, many saying they wish they had not been made or made "better."
Old Jun 19, 2014, 09:27 AM   #143
RenoG
macrumors 65816

Its not that serious, as I can think of many other pop stars that trumps this guy by far. Actually Justin is lyte sauce, all the crap he's done is no different than any other typical teen in high school. Why this kid gets this type of hateful attention is beyond me, he's very very easily forgettable.
RenoG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:32 PM   #144
The Doctor11
macrumors 68020

I really don't see how it effects me where he lives? How does it affect you? I don't give a **** about him. I think he is a *******. But if he gets banned from the US it will have no effect on me or my life. I really don't get why people care if he's banned or not.
The Doctor11 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:55 AM   #145
larrygornick
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor11 View Post
I really don't see how it effects me where he lives? How does it affect you? I don't give a **** about him. I think he is a *******. But if he gets banned from the US it will have no effect on me or my life. I really don't get why people care if he's banned or not.
I suppose he is just a new donny osmond. Donny kinda disappeared, eh?

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events