Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:01 AM   #1
MacMiguel
macrumors regular

Possibly the 13th Nov for new iMac

I've called Apple Spain and the guy has confirmed me that next tuesday is the day. Have fun guys
MacMiguel is offline   1
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:05 AM   #2
Mic2904
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMiguel View Post
I've called Apple Spain and the guy has confirmed me that next tuesday is the day. Have fun guys
I dont believe anything until I have my Imac in my hand
Mic2904 is offline   2
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:09 AM   #3
richest
macrumors regular

Vgood. Is that for 2 only
richest is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:09 AM   #4
scruby
macrumors member

You get a different date and answer at every apple store so your story doesnt add anything new to the rumors. Most def. its NOT confirmed
scruby is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:11 AM   #5
MacMiguel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruby View Post
You get a different date and answer at every apple store so your story doesnt add anything new to the rumors. Most def. its NOT confirmed
I just say what an Apple worker has told me, it's not a rumor, if they are lying it's not my fault.... I suppose they have further information that us and their source is directly Apple.
MacMiguel is offline   1
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:16 AM   #6
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

I don't think the thread title should say "confirmed" when your source is a customer care rep. They are usually incorrect.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:21 AM   #7
G4DP
macrumors 65816

Quote:
I just say what an Apple worker has told me, it's not a rumor, if they are lying it's not my fault.... I suppose they have further information that us and their source is directly Apple.
They know nothing. THey won't know the release date until the night before when stocks arrive.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:33 AM   #8
washburn
macrumors 6502

seems like 13th it is, seen a few people say it on this forum
washburn is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:27 AM   #9
DeafRaiders
macrumors regular

Apple store staff know as much as we do - apart from their regional store manager!
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:38 AM   #10
iMcLovin
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafRaiders View Post
Apple store staff know as much as we do - apart from their regional store manager!
Why ? Not necessarily. Its not like Apple keep the release date a secret internally. Do they have a date they will give it. It would be better for store planning and it's no secret anymore.

The reason why Apple employees don't know anything, usually, is because Apple cherish secrecy for new products. If everyone in the pipeline knew what was coming it would spread like fire in dry grass. But this is something different, it's not like something they hold back, everything except price and exact day has been revealed, and the reason why they didn't give the exact release date probably was because they were not sure. According to all rumours we heard, there has been hurdles in the production and probably the best promise they could give at the october event was november and december. If things have gone well, next week could be probable, and I would expect some store employees would know about it.

I could believe this, I don't see any point for a apple store employee to lie, then he would just say some time in november. And, from earlier rumors some heard another emplyee said mid november for the 21.5" and early december for the 27". I can believe this, if all goes well with the production.

Not that I care about the 21.5" though
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:42 AM   #11
Garden4Gods
macrumors member

Quote:
Maybe he's just telling you that so you don't buy something else
Garden4Gods is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:47 AM   #12
forty2j
macrumors 68030

Assuming this is true, then apparently they're not doing preorders at all?

I'm trying to remember how they did the rMBP launch. I don't recall if they said it comes out "next month" with preorders open, or if comes out "tomorrow" but nobody could get a shipping time earlier than 4 weeks.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:48 AM   #13
Johnf1285
macrumors 6502a

This date seems to make the most sense though. This or 11/27. I just cannot see it being released on 11/20 since that week has a holiday (in the United States) and things get hairy as far as shopping is concerned that weekend. I would imagine that week Apple will be stocking up on iPads and iPods like its no one else's business.
Johnf1285 is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:55 AM   #14
Ddyracer
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMcLovin View Post
Why ? Not necessarily. Its not like Apple keep the release date a secret internally. Do they have a date they will give it. It would be better for store planning and it's no secret anymore.

The reason why Apple employees don't know anything, usually, is because Apple cherish secrecy for new products. If everyone in the pipeline knew what was coming it would spread like fire in dry grass. But this is something different, it's not like something they hold back, everything except price and exact day has been revealed, and the reason why they didn't give the exact release date probably was because they were not sure. According to all rumours we heard, there has been hurdles in the production and probably the best promise they could give at the october event was november and december. If things have gone well, next week could be probable, and I would expect some store employees would know about it.

I could believe this, I don't see any point for a apple store employee to lie, then he would just say some time in november. And, from earlier rumors some heard another emplyee said mid november for the 21.5" and early december for the 27". I can believe this, if all goes well with the production.

Not that I care about the 21.5" though
Well spoken. Btw, I think you meant supply chain not pipeline in your second paragraph
Ddyracer is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:11 AM   #15
muff
macrumors member

Maybe it has been like this for some time now, but I just noticed that the sign on Apple's homepage has changed from "coming November" to "coming soon". Might be a good sign... Might not
muff is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:13 AM   #16
APPLE-FANATIC
macrumors 6502

Wow, next Tuesday? Does Apple not offer Pre-orders for BTO options? Not sure how iMacs are released as this will be my first iMac. I hope the 13th is true!!
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:18 AM   #17
MagicThief83
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnf1285 View Post
This date seems to make the most sense though. This or 11/27. I just cannot see it being released on 11/20 since that week has a holiday (in the United States) and things get hairy as far as shopping is concerned that weekend. I would imagine that week Apple will be stocking up on iPads and iPods like its no one else's business.
This makes a lot of sense. 20th is the week of a Holiday and as such, I remember Tim Cook stating earlier that people would get extended holiday time off because of all their hard work, so I cannot see them releasing a product around this time. It's either the 13th, or the 27th (not probable because it might as well be released in December then, along with the 27", and they're clearly targeting November for the 21.5", which I can't wait to get my hands on!).
MagicThief83 is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:43 AM   #18
Razorhog
macrumors 6502a

Why does it have to be a Tuesday? Has Apple ever released a product on another day of the week?
Razorhog is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:04 AM   #19
MacDouble
macrumors member

I hope they will release it soon. I'm tired of waiting and don't know if I should wait much longer for the 27' or if I should buy the 21'5 or buy an old model on ebay.
At the moment I am worried that the new generation (or the first wave of it) has some revision A problems like the antenna problem of my iPhone 4...
I don't want to wait until january for the 27' but if I buy the 21'5 one I will not be complete satisfied....

Last edited by MacDouble; Nov 8, 2012 at 09:11 AM.
MacDouble is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:19 AM   #20
MacMiguel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDouble View Post
I hope they will release it soon. I'm tired of waiting and don't know if I should wait much longer for the 27' or if I should buy the 21'5 or buy an old model on ebay.
At the moment I am worried that the new generation (or the first wave of it) has some revision A problems like the antenna problem of my iPhone 4...
I don't want to wait until january for the 27' but if I buy the 21'5 one I will not be complete satisfied....

If you need a 27" iMac...wait! Personally I don't think a 27" screen is an advantage on a desktop pc... I think that more of 23" has no sense for most of uses. Of course this is just my point of view.

If somebody can tell my what the sense of a 27" screen has I'd be more glad xD because I think your neck could crack with such a big screen.
MacMiguel is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:22 AM   #21
MacDouble
macrumors member

Quote:
If you need a 27" iMac...wait! Personally I don't think a 27" screem is an advantage on a desktop pc... I think that more of 23" has no sense for most of uses.

If somebody can tell my what the sense of a 27" screen has I'd be more glad xD because I think your neck could crack with such a big screen.
I think you are right, but a 21'5 would be a downgrade for me because I have a 23' monitor. My problem is that the 27' is too big and the 21'5 is too small.
23' or 24' is the perfect size for me.
MacDouble is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:25 AM   #22
MagicThief83
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I think you are right, but a 21'5 would be a downgrade for me because I have a 23' monitor. My problem is that the 27' is too big and the 21'5 is too small.
27" is really big...too big actually. 21.5" all the way!
MagicThief83 is offline   1
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:26 AM   #23
6ftunder
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muff View Post
Maybe it has been like this for some time now, but I just noticed that the sign on Apple's homepage has changed from "coming November" to "coming soon". Might be a good sign... Might not
actually, there is no sign. it has always said "coming soon" on top of the iMac page but in the online store for the 21" it said and still says "Available in November", and "Available in December" for the 27", so no sign there.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:33 AM   #24
MacMiguel
macrumors regular

Quote:
If i were you i'd purchase the 21.5", I think the downgrade won't be as noticeable as you think, maybe a 27" could be more a problem for most of uses than the 21.5"
MacMiguel is offline   1
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:35 AM   #25
Mystic386
macrumors regular

Quote:
Seems you already know the answer. It's in the last line of your statement. You want to wait for the 27. All else seems like clutter on the decision.

I'd wait for the 27 to. I'll be replacing my 27 with the new one. And having had this from day one I can tell you the 27 inch screen is OMG and doesn't damage your neck.
Mystic386 is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland