Originally Posted by tl01
I'm not asking for it to be both ways. Some want it one way and some want it the other. I'm fine with an upgrade once a year. I bought the iPad 3 at launch and was fine with the iPad 4 coming out so soon... It's just that the screen is a big deal to me and I know I'll be bummed if a retina comes out in just a few months.
I wasn't saying you were. I was just commenting that there do seem to be a lot of people who do.
As for advice for you, I'd suggest just getting one. Let's say that Apple does release a new iPad mini with a retina display at the end of March. Even if you waited until mid April, you could probably sell your first-gen iPad mini for maybe $100 to $150 less than you paid for it. Then you could buy the new one. So, would it be worth it for $100 to $150 to be able to use an iPad mini for four plus months? In general, I would think that the answer would be yes, especially based on my experience using my iPad. (My wife jokes that it never leaves my side, which is an exageration, but not by that much.)