Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
I just picked up a brand new black Mini last night from my local Apple Retail Store and fully charged it over night. I used it for about 45mins this morning but it was on standby unplugged for about 4hrs total. The battery was at 97% when I turned it off and then back on due to both Safari and Chrome refusing to browse the net.

Upon reboot both browsers worked fine but my battery % went back up to 100% and has been there for about an hour now. Has this happened to anyone else before? The Mini is on iOS 6.0.2.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I just picked up a black Mini last night and fully charged it over night. I used it for about 45mins this morning but it was on standby unplugged for about 4hrs total. The battery was at 97% when I turned it off and then back on due to both Safari and Chrome refusing to browse the net.

Upon reboot both browsers worked fine but my battery % went back up to 100% and has been there for about an hour now. Has this happened to anyone else before?
Nothing to worry about.

It's a brand new device, the battery indicator is just that... an approximate reading of the level of remaining charge. While it's quite accurate a little fluctation is normal.

Your job? ... Use it and enjoy.... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.