Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TPadden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
......Unless you're carrying a big bag everywhere with you or you have the world's largest pockets, I still don't see how there is any connivence with this at all.......That's such a better idea than having a dang tablet everywhere.
I have a very hard time understanding why people insist on telling me why they don't see why I do what I do :rolleyes:.

I already carry my tablet most of the time I carry a phone and would rather just carry a tablet ..... and still be able to make and receive regular phone calls. GET OVER IT :)!

SeanR1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
Pennsylvania
I have a very hard time understanding why people insist on telling me why they don't see why I do what I do :rolleyes:.

I already carry my tablet most of the time I carry a phone and would rather just carry a tablet ..... and still be able to make and receive regular phone calls. GET OVER IT :)!

It won't be ok until the iPad mini does it, simple.

johnjefferson

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2013
Cant wait to get one. I have a Note 2 and literally just returned my Note 10.1 a few days ago. Same problem as I had with the iPad, its just too big for laying in bed and reading or web browsing. Might as well just grab my Macbook. I love the 8 inch form factor but I sold my iPad mini when I sold my iPhone 5 and got the Note 2. I am thinking the Note 8 will be perfect for my uses.

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
No. It's an 8-inch table with phone capabilities.

Which is an excellent idea. When I bring my tablet somewhere today I always have to bring my phone as well. Having the ability to use the tablet as a phone would make me leave the phone home most of the time.

I'm amazed at the amount of people living in the stone age on this forum - I can't remember the last time I held my phone up to my ear to make a call, I always use my bluetooth-headset. Which is of course what I would do with a phone-enabled tablet as well.

----------
QUOTE]

Stone age? the VAST majority of people dont even use a bluetoth headset. From what i see the usage has actually declined.. stone age.. your funny..;)

Sounds Good

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2007
To those who explained why Android is not as good for tablets: Thanks, I totally get what you're saying. I didn't realize that -- glad I asked!

McCool71

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2012
Stone age? the VAST majority of people dont even use a bluetoth headset. From what i see the usage has actually declined.. stone age.. your funny..;)

Things might be different in the US, but here in Norway where I live I rarely see anyone using a phone for calling without a headset - be it wired or wireless. Then again, we fortunately don't have a system where the carriers dictate and remove features from phones because they don't like them.

----------

It won't be ok until the iPad mini does it, simple.

So true. When the first iPad has real phone functionality and not just skype/facetime and stuff like that it will be a revolution and something truly useful. Until then it is useless in the minds of lots of people.

This debate reminds me a lot of the noise all the old-fashioned photographers made when DSLRs started having good video capabilites. This was a very very bad thing according to lots of people - even though the functionality did not take away anything from the traditional photo features of the camera, and you of course did not have to use it if you did not want to.

People are strange indeed :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.