Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old May 10, 2013, 08:26 AM   #26
MacFro
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edddeduck View Post
Yep
Nice.

A local store has the Logitech Driving Force GT in stock. They also have an 30 day refund, so i could try the wheel for 30 days before the buy is final. I was thinking of going with that to see if the GT will do for my part or if i would feel the need to upgrade to a more expensive wheel. It seems to be mostly Logitech and Mad Catz wheels available in my area (Norway). Think i would prefer Logitech over the latter.

Btw, i see that the perticular store has a "new" version of the wheel with the same name releasing 15th of may. Can really spot any differences. Is this just a re-release with a new game or is it an actual update/improvement? Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonMac50 View Post
Probably, but that wheel doesn't run with the Xbox, I don't think, does it?
As it seems i would have to buy a rather expensive wheel to get Xbox working along with the Mac/OSX, i've sort of given up on that thought. I find it better anyways to sit in an office chair and closer to a higher resolution display than in my couch while playing these games. I'm not very up to date on racing games, so the games inside the Mac App Store will do just fine... for now. At the moment i am playing Dirt 2 which is a really nice experience. Never played it before. Hopefully Dirt 3 also will make its way to the app store. Also thinking about picking up GRID aswell as maybe the F1 2012 game. Feral Interactive seems to be my kind of developer when it comes to racing
MacFro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 08:32 AM   #27
edddeduck
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFro View Post
Btw, i see that the perticular store has a "new" version of the wheel with the same name releasing 15th of may. Can really spot any differences. Is this just a re-release with a new game or is it an actual update/improvement? Any ideas?
Logitech have pulled out of making wheels and pads so if you want a logitech buy one before the stock runs out.

Edwin
edddeduck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 10:05 AM   #28
MacFro
macrumors member

Quote:
Logitech have pulled out of making wheels and pads so if you want a logitech buy one before the stock runs out.

Edwin
Thanks for the tip. I will try and pick one up tomorrow or monday.

I'll make sure to give feedback on how the testing goes.
MacFro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 11:24 AM   #29
AnonMac50
macrumors 65816

Quote:

Edwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFro View Post
Thanks for the tip. I will try and pick one up tomorrow or monday.

I'll make sure to give feedback on how the testing goes.
i believe they said they are pulling out of console gaming business and peripherals, so they may still produce PC wheels and pedals.
AnonMac50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 11:26 AM   #30
imacken
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
i believe they said they are pulling out of console gaming business and peripherals, so they may still produce PC wheels and pedals.
Only the GT left on the UK web site.
Doesn't look promising.
Old May 10, 2013, 11:55 AM   #31
edddeduck
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Nope all the PC pads and wheels were also console compatible. Also we have been told by resellers you cannot get any stock as all items are EOL so sadly that's it.

No more pads or wheels.

Edwin
edddeduck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 12:16 PM   #32
TOYOTATruck07
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
Personally the Fanatec CSR Elite is VERY good, however I will be selling mine for the Clubsport as Forza no longer appeals to me due to its arcade like nature, and iRacing has replaced GT5 and Forza for me.

I would be interested in purchasing your CSR Elite if you have not sold it yet.
TOYOTATruck07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 04:37 PM   #33
rezenclowd3
macrumors 6502a

Location: Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber at the track.
Just some good news for OSX racing fans: iRacing has a beta going on right now for your corner of the world!

Only problem now is FFB drivers as has been mentioned...

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games