Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
Nice.

A local store has the Logitech Driving Force GT in stock. They also have an 30 day refund, so i could try the wheel for 30 days before the buy is final. I was thinking of going with that to see if the GT will do for my part or if i would feel the need to upgrade to a more expensive wheel. It seems to be mostly Logitech and Mad Catz wheels available in my area (Norway). Think i would prefer Logitech over the latter.

Btw, i see that the perticular store has a "new" version of the wheel with the same name releasing 15th of may. Can really spot any differences. Is this just a re-release with a new game or is it an actual update/improvement? Any ideas?

Probably, but that wheel doesn't run with the Xbox, I don't think, does it?
As it seems i would have to buy a rather expensive wheel to get Xbox working along with the Mac/OSX, i've sort of given up on that thought. I find it better anyways to sit in an office chair and closer to a higher resolution display than in my couch while playing these games. I'm not very up to date on racing games, so the games inside the Mac App Store will do just fine... for now. At the moment i am playing Dirt 2 which is a really nice experience. Never played it before. Hopefully Dirt 3 also will make its way to the app store. Also thinking about picking up GRID aswell as maybe the F1 2012 game. Feral Interactive seems to be my kind of developer when it comes to racing :)

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Btw, i see that the perticular store has a "new" version of the wheel with the same name releasing 15th of may. Can really spot any differences. Is this just a re-release with a new game or is it an actual update/improvement? Any ideas?

Logitech have pulled out of making wheels and pads so if you want a logitech buy one before the stock runs out.

Edwin

MacFro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
Logitech have pulled out of making wheels and pads so if you want a logitech buy one before the stock runs out.

Edwin

Thanks for the tip. I will try and pick one up tomorrow or monday.

I'll make sure to give feedback on how the testing goes.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010

Edwin

Thanks for the tip. I will try and pick one up tomorrow or monday.

I'll make sure to give feedback on how the testing goes.

i believe they said they are pulling out of console gaming business and peripherals, so they may still produce PC wheels and pedals.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
i believe they said they are pulling out of console gaming business and peripherals, so they may still produce PC wheels and pedals.

Nope all the PC pads and wheels were also console compatible. Also we have been told by resellers you cannot get any stock as all items are EOL so sadly that's it.

No more pads or wheels.

Edwin

TOYOTATruck07

macrumors member
May 7, 2009
Personally the Fanatec CSR Elite is VERY good, however I will be selling mine for the Clubsport as Forza no longer appeals to me due to its arcade like nature, and iRacing has replaced GT5 and Forza for me.

I would be interested in purchasing your CSR Elite if you have not sold it yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.