Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c23roo

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2004
Woke up, clicked on iPhoto, and no pictures are present after August 2007.

Running iPhoto '08; Mac Pro 1,1; Snow Leopard.

Tried rebuilding the Library; tried using iPhoto Manager. Still only shows me pictures until 2007.

Did some hunting around and when I examine package contents of my iPhoto Library I found some interesting stuff. There are folders listed for the years 2001 through 2007 only - these contain the photos iPhoto is currently showing me. There are folders labeled 'Modified' and 'Originals' which contain folders through 2012 - and in here are my missing pictures.

When I open iPhoto (I have done so through clicking iPhoto, and also with option+iPhoto to select the correct library) I still get only until 2007. My numerous folders exist on the left hand side, and the newer folders have a (0) next to them, as if I've deleted the pictures. No pictures in iPhoto trash or anywhere other than in the iPhoto Library under 'Modified' and 'Originals.'

Now, I presume I can simply point to the files in the 'Original' folders and reimport them. I am loath to muck around in those folders, however.

Also, I really (really, really) want my folders back organized how I had them. It would be quite daunting to re-create all my folders from scratch again. I have all my photos in multiple backup locations (DVDs; hard drive in remote location) so I don't think I've lost the images themselves.

So any thoughts? I have been trying to get my wife to choose Aperture or Lightroom - as our library has become quite large. I don't think either of those programs will import from iPhoto in such a way as to re-create my folder structure (correct me if I'm wrong...).

Thanks for your help.

- c

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.