AirPort Express Query - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:44 AM   #1
Vick77
macrumors member

AirPort Express Query

Hi,

I have a quick question if anybody can assist. I am currently living in a house share with a communal internet connection supplied by the landlord.

I hate wires and therefore have an AirPrint enabled printer and an AirPlay enabled speaker system. As I share a WiFi network with 5 (random) people, I'm not keen on my devices (including my Eye-Fi SD card) appearing on their PC's.

I purchased an AirPort Express in the Black Friday sales hoping to create my own breakaway network however it requires the AE to be connected to the communal router via ethernet. This isn't possible due to the communal router being placed in the kitchen.

Is there any possible workaround? I.e. Not have to use an ethernet cable? ...Or, if I bought an AirPort Extreme, would this allow me to create a breakaway network?

Thanks in advance,

J
Vick77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals