Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desi22601

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Hey guys. I have a bit of an issue here. It all started while I was on windows 7 32 bit bootcamp and it said my usb started to malfunction. I read somewhere that you can go to your device manager and try uninstalling and reinstalling the usb component. I tried that and ended up freezing. Had to hard restart and now it looks like my trackpad doesn't work. It works fine on my mac, but when I boot into windows 7 I can't use it at all. I can plug in my wired mouse just fine, but I much prefer using the trackpad. Does anyone know what the issue is? I can't even currently locate my 10.6 osx dvd to possibly reinstall drivers. Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

desi22601

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Okay, for some reason my trackpad came back to life again and it's gone again lol. Not sure what's happening.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
just tap the power button on the right side of the touchpad as if you were turning it off. DO NOT HOLD IT, just tap it. The light will turn green and it will attempt to pair with windows again. I get this problem sometimes even under OSX. That trick always fixes it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.