Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Shouldn't be hard unless you mistakenly assume that your experience is indicative of overall trends (it never is just as one data point never defines a trend).

Even "all the ones I've seen" are statistically irrelevant.

"All the ones I've seen" / millions of iPhone 5's sold is pretty close to 0.

I see what you're saying...it's statistically irrelevant to use anecdotal evidence. However, the chamfered edge on the iphone 5 shows scuffs extremely easily. I can say this just as readily as I can say that most car windshields will eventually get chipped by flying rocks during their lifespan. If you're truly not protecting your phone and you've truly had it since September with NO visible white marks on the chamfered edge then that's very surprising. I'd place a million dollar bet that your example would be the exception.

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
First iphone 5 bought wednesday, chipped and discolored near the antennas, replaced, now in the new one my screen shows ripples and weird colors when i press it a bit... ><

If this happens if you press a little bit, exchange it. It's common sense LCDs ripple of you press too hard so I don't think it's the OPs concern.

There are videos on YouTube where the guy presses the screen slightly and the whole screen ripples like a puddle.

Back to the question, I think the newer ones are much better in terms of having non defective coatings and not coming scratched out of the box. I have gone through many replacements and the units have less and less scratches although other problems remain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.