Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zybersniper

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
SGP never really wants to honor their warranty. I purchased their product through an authorized retailer and they said I have to go through the retailer for exchanges. However, I was passed the seven days return window of the local store and SGP simply said there are too many fake cases so it's hard for them to honor my exchange.

If there is a problem with fakes, then deal with it. Don't leave it to the consumers to bear the burden.

As much as I like their products, their policies leave a lot to be desired. They've got to step up their customer service.

S.L.

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2012
USA
When you try to initiate a return via Amazon, it says to contact the seller directly and doesn't let you do a normal return.

I've purchased everything from a mattress to books in a "Sold by *Insert Seller Name Here* and Shipped by Amazon" situation and when I had return issues in those situations, Amazon has taken care of the return directly. There is always a way to contact Amazon directly despite the system not allowing you to do a normal return.

truciet

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
If it's fulfilled by Amazon, returns/exchanges are done by Amazon...

If the product has been shipped by SGP themselves, they will order returns/exchange contact directly. Be warned you will have to send pictures to provide proof.

Best Option: Always order through Amazon IF it's fulfilled by them. If it shows SGP as the shipped, you'll have to deal with them...

Generally products sellout quickly on Amazon so it automatically reverts to being SGP as the shipper. Just pay attention...

MR Bulk

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
Been looking hard at a Spigen Ultra Flip these past couple of days. They have like ten available on Amazon now at $37.99 + free ship, but the multitude of threads about their spotty CS has made me leery. Truth be told a folio is not "really" my style of case anyway, prefer card carriers and the only thing made me look was the UF's card slot. But what if there is something wrong with it? Or I just don't like it? Then I might possibly have to deal with all the return mishaps shown all over this thread!

So long, Spigen...not worth the hassle or risk.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Now that spigen has free shipping for the continental US, I don't think there's any reason to order from Amazon. Unless you're outside the US. :rolleyes:

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
Wish I had done my research and read this thread before I purchased from the Amazon.ca "Spigen Canada" which turned out to be US. I got conned by Spigen.

And this:
http://m.yelp.ca/biz/spigen-inc-irvine

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.