Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Molson1020

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
I am thinking about downloading Plex for my iPad4. I know I can use it to stream my library while on wifi, but I was wondering, does it give you the option to upload videos to the iPad's internal storage so I can watch movies while offline?

I am taking a very long plane trip and want the best video player out there for this. Thanks!

rodalpho

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
Actually, according to their latest blog post today, Plex is planning to introduce a subscription paid service that will transcode video from your plex media server and copy it to the ipad for offline use. Pretty neat ideal. It isn't live yet, though.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
I am thinking about downloading Plex for my iPad4. I know I can use it to stream my library while on wifi, but I was wondering, does it give you the option to upload videos to the iPad's internal storage so I can watch movies while offline?

I am taking a very long plane trip and want the best video player out there for this. Thanks!

Can't you just sync videos through iTunes?

Also, Plex did release an update to the app where you can download content from your server for offline but you need to subscribe to PlexPass. I'm considering the lifetime pass. Considering how much I use Plex and how new it is (less than 2 years I think) the service is only going to get better.

We should share servers :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.