Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Has anyone experienced this with their iPad mini? When inserting your lightning cable, the battery doesn't charge up. Wen you reinsert it the other way round, the battery starts charging up. Is this a software bug? I have two iPad minis and they are both displaying the same issue.

inaka

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2010
I experienced a faulty Lightning cable with my iPad 4 that I bought today.
When i connect it, it would be recognized in iTunes for about 5 secs, then disappear.

I isolated the problem to the cable, since I had another Lightning cable that came with my iPhone 5 and that works perfectly.

Called apple and they're sending out a replacement cable in the mail.

WesCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
I experienced a faulty Lightning cable with my iPad 4 that I bought today.
When i connect it, it would be recognized in iTunes for about 5 secs, then disappear.

I isolated the problem to the cable, since I had another Lightning cable that came with my iPhone 5 and that works perfectly.

Called apple and they're sending out a replacement cable in the mail.

Same here. My iPhone 5 lightning cable required me to plug it in several times before it would charge the phone and if I barely bumped the cable, it would disconnect and I would have to start all over. One call to Apple and they sent a new lightning cable overnight. :apple:

dabigone

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
I just exchanged my lightning cable with the same problem. When I inspected the cable after this was happening there was a pin that got burnt out, luckily I don't think it did anything to my phone.

LaymansDomain

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
I just exchanged my lightning cable with the same problem. When I inspected the cable after this was happening there was a pin that got burnt out, luckily I don't think it did anything to my phone.

Is this an OEM cable? or a generic?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.