Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Dirtyharry50
macrumors 6502a

Battlefield 3 on mid 2011 27 iMac?

I'm wondering how well Battlefield 3 would run on my mid 2011 iMac 27 with 12 gigs ram and 6970 GPU?

Could I get away with high settings at 1080p and still have decent frame rates? (I do not expect max)

Anybody playing the game on this same hardware that could tell me how it runs and with what settings?

I'd be rebooting to Windows 7 for this.
Dirtyharry50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:08 AM   #2
Dirtyharry50
macrumors 6502a

I guess nobody knows...
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:02 AM   #3
SlickShoes
macrumors 6502a

The game is currently 9.99 on the Origin store just buy it and see, at worst you will be playing at medium settings and 30fps 1920x1080. My macbook pro could do 1440x900 medium settings and 30+ fps with a AMD 6750m
SlickShoes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:46 AM   #4
Dirtyharry50
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
The game is currently 9.99 on the Origin store just buy it and see, at worst you will be playing at medium settings and 30fps 1920x1080. My macbook pro could do 1440x900 medium settings and 30+ fps with a AMD 6750m
I had noticed that sale actually and also you can get it with all DLC for $34.99. Could you tell me if the DLC is worth getting? Do people still play the original content or is the DLC a must to find active servers? Not sure you are still playing but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:42 AM   #5
BornAgainMac
macrumors 601

I have an older 2010 iMac with 16 GB and worked best with medium settings in Bootcamp. Your iMac has a much better GPU.

I switched to a dedicated PC and overnight my kill rate increased so that instead of being at the bottom of the list, I was closer to the top on average. I also had it on maximum resolution at Ultra settings on the PC. I didn't realize how important frame rates had in gameplay. Plus it is nice to see the detail in Ultra mode even though it can be distracting because you just want to stop fighting and look at it. It is just like being there.
BornAgainMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:52 AM   #6
SlickShoes
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyharry50 View Post
I had noticed that sale actually and also you can get it with all DLC for $34.99. Could you tell me if the DLC is worth getting? Do people still play the original content or is the DLC a must to find active servers? Not sure you are still playing but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks.
I only actually played the Beta and was thinking about buying the game myself, I am not sure if the extra content is worth it, from what I have read online most people either play the base game or whatever the latest content pack is, everything in between is less populated. I think there are still lots of people playing though.
SlickShoes is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games