Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacVidCards

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
The 9.1.2 version has been neutered to get Apple's Seal of Approval for inclusion.

To whit, they had to yank CUDA support and make it run 100% with OpenCl. I have it on good authority that it literally runs half as fast as getting the 9.1.1 version direct from BMD's site.

Apple's arm twisting is getting ugly. Current Mac Pros ship with AMD cards that can't do CUDA, so they don't want any "rogue" types having a better experience. If you can't beat 'em, kneecap 'em.

Imagine if they ever get 100% control of all Mac software.

I'm trying to remember what the theme was of that 1984 commercial they did....big brother.....knows best....guess it was all tongue-in-cheek.

linuxcooldude

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2010
The 9.1.2 version has been neutered to get Apple's Seal of Approval for inclusion.

To whit, they had to yank CUDA support and make it run 100% with OpenCl. I have it on good authority that it literally runs half as fast as getting the 9.1.1 version direct from BMD's site.

Apple's arm twisting is getting ugly. Current Mac Pros ship with AMD cards that can't do CUDA, so they don't want any "rogue" types having a better experience. If you can't beat 'em, kneecap 'em.

Imagine if they ever get 100% control of all Mac software.

I'm trying to remember what the theme was of that 1984 commercial they did....big brother.....knows best....guess it was all tongue-in-cheek.

It may have been neutered to run on many Mac computers as possible. I know the version I ran on my Mac Pro would lockup and would have to restart. I know my graphics card is not that powerful ( 4870 ) is probably a key issue.

Don't know if it also had to be changed as now all software in Mac App store has to be sandboxed for security reasons.

Edit: Downloaded the Mac App store version. While it plays my files dog slow, it does not crash my system. Resolve does tell me my playback in realtime will be effected due to the type of video card, the same thing the downloadable version tells me from their website.

Edit: Ok...lol...user error. Had to edit project properties to match video files to 720p at 60fps. Almost perfect except for audio is a bit quirky probably due to more user errors.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.