Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16, 2013, 07:59 PM   #1
the8thark
macrumors 68030
 
the8thark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Read the Wasteland area topics here

I have been reading the Wasteand area topics here on these forums. And there is some quality content there. Some of the best material gets the flick by the staff here. Such a shame. And by quality I don't mean only entertaining, some of it is people asking serious questions, others are very informative discussions that are long since out dated and dead. And there is a tiny tiny minority of unacceptable topics for these forums.

So I suggest if you want to read some of this forums better posts, hit the Wasteland area. In saying this I'm sure the most interesting and controversial topics are banned and removed from all general user visible parts of the forums. Which is a real shame. Quality content is lost that way.
__________________
Congress shall make no law . . . prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.
the8thark is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 08:57 PM   #2
mobilehaathi
macrumors 68040
 
mobilehaathi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
A lot of controversial crap in PRSI too. Have fun with that.
__________________
The true way is along a rope that is not spanned high in the air, but only just above the ground. It seems intended more to cause stumbling than to be walked along.
mobilehaathi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 09:17 PM   #3
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem
 
GoCubsGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
My most epic night of posting is there.
__________________
Because I'm a smartass.
GoCubsGo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 11:34 PM   #4
Comeagain?
macrumors Demi-God
 
Comeagain?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Send a message via Skype™ to Comeagain?
Forum gold right here:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1582662
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1581625
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1579797
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1582398
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1571975
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1579359
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1575221
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1572310
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1572159
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1570842
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1568966

Not that I'm saying every wasteland thread is trash, some certainly could have lived on in their respective forums just closed to replies. But, most of them are obvious spam threads that are only to draw attention. You also are welcome to report threads or use the Contact Us form if you disagree with moderation.

Edit: Darn... the thread titles don't display.
__________________
Questions? MRoogle it!
I support the MacRumors Blood Drive!
MR Scavenger Score: 1
Comeagain? is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2013, 04:46 AM   #5
Scepticalscribe
macrumors 601
 
Scepticalscribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kite flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeagain? View Post
Forum gold right here:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1582662
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1581625
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1579797
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1582398
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1571975
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1579359
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1575221
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1572310
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1572159
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1570842
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1568966

Not that I'm saying every wasteland thread is trash, some certainly could have lived on in their respective forums just closed to replies. But, most of them are obvious spam threads that are only to draw attention. You also are welcome to report threads or use the Contact Us form if you disagree with moderation.

Edit: Darn... the thread titles don't display.
Yes, I agree with you. The threads which you have posted represent pure, unalloyed, forum gold.

Now, the sort of reasoned, rational, mutually respectful debate (of the kind most often found on - let us say, the gun threads, or the abortion threads, of PRSI), are, of course, another matter entirely.
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2013, 07:46 AM   #6
the8thark
Thread Starter
macrumors 68030
 
the8thark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeagain? View Post
Forum gold right here:
Not that I'm saying every wasteland thread is trash, some certainly could have lived on in their respective forums just closed to replies. But, most of them are obvious spam threads that are only to draw attention. You also are welcome to report threads or use the Contact Us form if you disagree with moderation.
I agree. Well shared. Read some of these already and I agree, pure gold.
We should have a "best of the wasteland sticky". So people can read this and have a laugh. Thanks for that.
__________________
Congress shall make no law . . . prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.
the8thark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 05:40 AM   #7
annk
Administrator
 
annk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
I have been reading the Wasteand area topics here on these forums. And there is some quality content there. Some of the best material gets the flick by the staff here. Such a shame. And by quality I don't mean only entertaining, some of it is people asking serious questions, others are very informative discussions that are long since out dated and dead. And there is a tiny tiny minority of unacceptable topics for these forums.

So I suggest if you want to read some of this forums better posts, hit the Wasteland area. In saying this I'm sure the most interesting and controversial topics are banned and removed from all general user visible parts of the forums. Which is a real shame. Quality content is lost that way.
Remember, what you see in the Wasteland has sometimes gone through extensive clean-up.

If there were multiple rules violations requiring lots of moderator time, and if we felt that the problems would likely resume upon opening it back up after clean-up (based on experience), it could end up in Wasteland.

But yeah, the threads are visible, and can be read.
annk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 05:57 AM   #8
the8thark
Thread Starter
macrumors 68030
 
the8thark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by annk View Post
Remember, what you see in the Wasteland has sometimes gone through extensive clean-up.
I am totally aware of this point. And it's ok, this is just the best of the leftovers after all that has happened.
__________________
Congress shall make no law . . . prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.
the8thark is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC