Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
Putting a plastic case on an old phone and selling it as new and putting a computer in a rounded case and painting it black is now called innovation under Tim Cook.

How sad that Apple has fallen to this state.

i'm not quite sure those two are the same thing (and i'm also not quite sure apple is claiming the 5c to be innovative)

the new mac pro is innovative. a single fan to cool all components.. if it proves to maintain proper operating temperatures and isn't loud, it will be considered a successful innovation..
they didn't put the thing in a rounded case just for the sake of it looking different.. they also didn't make it 1/8 size just for the sake of it being smaller.. the design, the innovation or whatever, led to the size and shape.. the size and shape are a result of rethinking the box tower.. they didn't start with the cylinder/size then figure out how to cram everything in there.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I quoted what HP charges for them, not Intel's quantity 10,000 price. Don't you think that Apple will add margin as well?.

That is the current price on Newegg, for one boxed consumer model. Intel and Newegg both make profit at that price, plus shipping and packaging costs as well. With quantity and no retail packaging/markup it will be cheaper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.