Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
Great looking setup... my OCD doesn't like the cables ;)

What keyboard are you using?

Also is that a live bracket on your ipad?

LOL... I've been telling myself to clean the cables up behind my desk... but I'm not that anal to work on it. I will clean it up one of these days. However, I am OCD on internal cable management in my rig...

01-18-14a.jpg

My mech TKL keyboard is a Filco with mx blue switches. I'm watching different games on my iPad. My bracket died after the first game in the first round.:(

siouxsie311

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2010
Here's my messy desk. It starts out very organized and progressively gets messy.

Attachments

• desk2.jpg
    desk2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 317

=w=

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012

I'm asking.......

Let me just point out that i'm 32 years old. And this is legitimately my messy desk at the moment. Don't let the fruit snacks, Up wallpaper and One Direction paraphernalia fool you.
Cloud2go%20Apr%2026,%202014,%207%3A41%20AM.jpg

Also making an apperance is the sole reason I want to stop using iMacs and just use a Mini with monitor.. the ghosting in the corners of the iMac screen, plus two extra spots to the right and left of the Apple logo :apple::mad:

Reactions: AppleFanatic10

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I'm asking.......

Let me just point out that i'm 32 years old. And this is legitimately my messy desk at the moment. Don't let the fruit snacks, Up wallpaper and One Direction paraphernalia fool you.
Cloud2go%20Apr%2026,%202014,%207%3A41%20AM.jpg

Also making an apperance is the sole reason I want to stop using iMacs and just use a Mini with monitor.. the ghosting in the corners of the iMac screen, plus two extra spots to the right and left of the Apple logo :apple::mad:
It's kind of cool seeing a pic of my rig on another person's posted pic.:p

Yah... I hear you. Those dark spots are eye sores. A Mac Mini with a separate monitor makes sense. You are making me rethink our plans to get an iMac for my wife's office... but I am still trying to convince her to get a Mac Pro.... hehe... I want to play with it too. :)

=w=

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
It's kind of cool seeing a pic of my rig on another person's posted pic.:p

Yah... I hear you. Those dark spots are eye sores. A Mac Mini with a separate monitor makes sense. You are making me rethink our plans to get an iMac for my wife's office... but I am still trying to convince her to get a Mac Pro.... hehe... I want to play with it too. :)

I previously had a 21.5" iMac (the old style with the Super Drive) and I had the same problem. They told me that it was my fault and I need to have an air purifier near it and all kinds of other stupid things. Then the guy acted like he was doing me a favor by allowing me to get it fixed.

My house is not very dusty, but I got an air purifier anyway and i'm still having the problem. I love my iMac and I really like the all-in-one deal, but it's really hard to have these spots in every corner and two additional ones at the bottom. If there were a newer version of the Thunderbolt display, I probably would have a Mini and that at this point. I do have Apple care. I just need to stop being stupid and take it to get it fixed. I'd just have to be without the computer for a bit. They never seem to have the parts in-store at the Apple Store near me.

burne

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Haarlem, the Netherlands
Can't do without a lot of screen estate.

index.php

We moved to another office, and these days the mini driving them is on the desk, and not any longer stacked on the PC it replaced, and I bought another magic mouse.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
UK
Can't do without a lot of screen estate.

We moved to another office, and these days the mini driving them is on the desk, and not any longer stacked on the PC it replaced, and I bought another magic mouse.

That stand is horrendous though.

zwodubber

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2011
PA
Just added dual 48" LED's to the office, just got them setup and still need to hide the wires and move the desk.

View from my main desk

And one with the displays off

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.