Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

portreathbeach

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
I have written an update to an app I uploaded to the app store 18 months ago, but when I hit 'Validate' n XCode's Organizer, I get a message back saying

"application failed codesign verification. the signature was invalid contains disallowed entitlements when trying to verify....... etc."

The app builds and archives correctly, the bundle identifiers are correct, the developer and distribution profiles and certificates seem OK, what can be causing this? I have searched high and low on the internet and have spent 4-5 hours trying to upload my update. It addresses some issues with iOS6, so I need to get it online.

Please can someone help

portreathbeach

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
Sorted!

OK, so nobody could help with my problem, so I emailed Apple Tech support and ended up having to send screen shots and the .xarchive project file to them.

They said everything was OK with my settings, but the archive file had something wrong, here's what I had to do.......

The tech support has sorted it after I uploaded my archive file.

Here's what I had to do....

I had to run Terminal, enter "dot_clean " (without the quotes) and then drag my Xcode project folder into Terminal, so it ended up looking something like this:

dot_clean /craigsmith/xcode/projects/appProject

and then press Return.

Now after the app is Archived, it validates and uploaded fine to iTunes Connect.

:)

Hopefully this helps anyone else with a similar problem

kgames

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2011
This forum isnt very active as far as comments and feedback on develpmental type stuff. Iphonesdk forums are more active in that reguard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.